Sign in to follow this  
monolith1985

melee attacks not hitting?

so i was playing today and was running around with my m4 raised, being cautious, then when having to deal with zombies i would switch to the fire axe.  But when attacking none of my hits were connecting, but the zombies' punches were.

this happened a few times, til i think i have it figured out. if you have your melee weapon raised (kinda like you are holding it out and presenting it to someone) you can attack, but the attacks dont work.  I lowered my hands and could 1 hit kill zombies easily.

anyone else had this problem?

Yeah that "space bar" Function confuses a fair few new players and can make the game difficult if your completely new.

I guess when you axe is positioned in a neutral manner i believe you shouldn't me able to swing. Perhaps this may lessen the confusion ;)

Thanks for your concerns

Sometimes I can't even tell if I'm actually hitting something or not with melee weapons

Don't look at the crosshair, look at where the weapon itself is going.

The default attack of the axes is a bit to the right, and the raised attack is almost all the way to the right.

Edited by Thoric

I use "Raise Weapon" when attacking zombies with an axe, don't usually have much trouble with taking them down in one hit, or missing infact. I noticed when I didn't raise the weapon first, I missed a lot more or didn't have as much of an effect. Could be just me?