Sign in to follow this  
autoloon

$13,775,130

I think that's an unfair logic.

Bohemia made the framework for the game, and opened it up for modders. They took a chance on hiring rocket and they have been and still are carrying the financial risk of the project. They deserve every penny they get from the sales, that ain't nothing to be mad about. That's how economy works. Pay dividends to those who deserve it and spread the retained earning on the projects best suited for future profits. Ain't no escaping that DayZ is a hot prospect, so I guess though our viewpoints differ, the result is the same. The DayZ team should see a buff in development resources. But BI and it's CEOs deserve more than their fair share as well!

Also inb4 "Hi, Marek".

I believe they should be rewarded but personally i would like more put back into the game and less in there pockets period..

It's not illogical is my point of view....The game still in Alpha and there is no question there is a lot of work that needs doing.

I would like to see everyone's faces if they decided to say thanks for the money supporters and leave the game as it is enjoy.... If they want more profits i believe it would be a wise move to INVEST (not spend) more money into the standalone.

At the end of the day it's their money they can do what they wish...

Edited by Aussie Bogan

they dont see all the money though after valves cut, taxes, and server costs

Maybe now they can afford to make the Arma engine run like its 2014 and not 1998 on a toaster

Edited by Frell

After the abomination "arma3" they probably need the money pretty badly. 

I just hope they've fired all the people they should have over Arma3, or all the money in the world won't help. 

Is there any confirmation that they are going to add staff to speed up the progress?

Edited by ToBbErT

My hope for the new year is that attention has been paid and resources will be allocated accordingly.

Oh hell no you did not just go there! Wow someone was bound to I guess..

Btw you bought it based on alpher hell if they don't update tough it's what you paid for.. Not that they won't it's bitching like this that pisses me off!

You will find after costs so far not too much profit yet..

Edited by Desryachri

Lambos for everyone !

what about all the money put in so far.. Motion capture etc.. Me suspects not allot of profit here..

After the abomination "arma3" they probably need the money pretty badly.

I just hope they've fired all the people they should have over Arma3, or all the money in the world won't help.

Umm biggest market for arma is actual armies with modified files on site support classified gadget testing etc..... The "game" is just a by product of the actual business.. Edited by Desryachri

I hope a portion of the profits go back into making this game properly and at a faster rate..

And not into the Pockets of BI Ceo's... That would make me so mad... Just so mad...

People say it costs a lot to make a game (True) But 13M plus gross and counting in one week..  We should all be expecting more not less ;)

Have you checked their recruitment pages... Of course they are working hard it's not exactly a small job..

Ok 10 new guns.. Motion capture specific sound recording.. Coding, design, graphics, hours apon hours of work to people who get paid a lot for the work they do.. Hmm 13m not sounding like too much right now is it?

20 new staff high class $50k per year god electricity servers taxes.. Shall I go on?

I'm pretty sure the Dev team would have a pre allocated budget i really doubt any of the money goes back into the game but more would be seen as profit, that said seeing it was successful it would also (hopefully) mean they will allocate more funds to the project but again i highly doubt much (if any) of the profit from sales goes back into the game remember this is a business and the CEO's and share holders want to make money not just make money to give it away, they need their expensive lunches and yachts guys!

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the Dev team would have a pre allocated budget i really doubt any of the money goes back into the game but more would be seen as profit, that said seeing it was successful it would also (hopefully) mean they will allocate more funds to the project but again i highly doubt much (if any) of the profit from sales goes back into the game remember this is a business and the CEO's and share holders want to make money not just make money to give it away, they need their expensive lunches and yachts guys!

Finally someone who knows how businesses work lol!

• Like 1

I can't wait when BI hires a massive team to support this on-going game, it's quite exciting.

* DayZ has a massive amount of potential and the community does see it.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They're just gonna take the free money, and walk away.

Have you checked their recruitment pages... Of course they are working hard it's not exactly a small job..

Ok 10 new guns.. Motion capture specific sound recording.. Coding, design, graphics, hours apon hours of work to people who get paid a lot for the work they do.. Hmm 13m not sounding like too much right now is it?

20 new staff high class $50k per year god electricity servers taxes.. Shall I go on?

don't forget the milk. Dev work needs lots of milk. And beer. Fridge loads of beer. Constantly.

• Like 1

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They're just gonna take the free money, and walk away.

Jog, it's slow jog you fool.

• Like 1

13m in a week try to thing futuristic ;)

The number of gross I'm looking at will be around 30m.

That is if 1million people purchase this game within a few months... remember 1.7m bought/ played the MOD, of course people did purchase only for arma 2 as well. Still a big figure is it not?

don't forget the milk. Dev work needs lots of milk. And beer. Fridge loads of beer. Constantly.

Yep game designers are picky creatures who need many things to help them work better :D

13m in a week try to thing futuristic ;)

The number of gross I'm looking at will be around 30m.

That is if 1million people purchase this game within a few months... remember 1.7m bought/ played the MOD, of course people did purchase only for arma 2 as well. Still a big figure is it not?

Yeah money for other projects they are a business and in game terms that's a tiny small figure not that great. Look at bf4 gta etc

• Like 1

Yeah money for other projects they are a business and in game terms that's a tiny small figure not that great. Look at bf4 gta etc

Fair enough ;)

Pitty Dayz profits getting spent on other games i don't support ;)

Fair enough ;)

Pitty Dayz profits getting spent on other games i don't support ;)

Yeah but like someone above already said they made dayz as based off a budget already set profits make the company grow meaning more designers and equipment ( sure resources which will be used on dayz but also other company projects )

sure resources which will be used on dayz

That's all i needed to hear ;)

I hope they invest most of the money back into the game, and don't buy shiny boats.

In contrast, how much money has Arma III Made? I can't seem to find figures online.

Edited by muggerfugger

I don't think that number is correct for some reason.  Seems strange to me that 460k people bought the game and at least created a character yet according to sites like SteamCharts, the highest amount of concurrent players has only gotten to about 44k.  I'm thinking that there is a bug in their survivor counter.

The number of concurrent players in DayZ is probably so low because of how buggy it is atm, some people probably bought it just to support the team, but  haven't played, some people played once and are waiting on more updates to get a better experience, so yeah who knows, I think that the counter for survivors is the amount of people that have bought it, not necessarily played, so yeah I might be wrong, but if it isn't a bug with the survivor counter I don't really see why they would put wrong statistics out there when rocket himself is telling people to buy later when it's less buggy

Valve cut, sales tax, income tax, server costs, running wages, expanded dev team, maybe a new plug-in, lambos, hookers, lifetime supply of herpes cream and the money is gone.

• Like 1

Valve cut, sales tax, income tax, server costs, running wages, expanded dev team, maybe a new plug-in, lambos, hookers, lifetime supply of herpes cream and the money is gone.

Herpes creme? I thought spit was enough?