BlksnshN

Anyone getting decent fps?

First,  I understand this is an Alpha and the game is poorly optimized at this point.  This is more of a "Is this a problem with my computer or just the way it is right now?" type of thread.  

I was running, 

FX 6200 @ 4.0 Ghz

8 GB 1866 Ripjaws Ram

GTX 460 

I was getting about 25 - 30 fps outside of cities and around 19 fps in Cherno.  

Today I installed a ASUS GTX 770 OC  and fps is about the same if not worse, sometimes dipping all the way down to 17.  I've tried messing with the video settings and nothing really seems to make a difference.   I noticed a huge difference in performance in other games.  The card came with Batman: Arkham Origins.   I ran the benchmark before swapping cards and averaged about 40 fps.  After the swap I was in the 130 fps range.   

Anyone running a similar setup with better results?    

I got:

FX 6300

8GB Corsair Vengeance

GTX 660 2GB

Well you see, I have the same if not a bit better FPS.

Why you ask? My CPU is slightly better and both our CPUs are too weak for Arma.

I am running:

i7 3970x @4.28ghz

16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

EVGA GTX 780 3GB

So far, I get a fluid 60fps while recording...and no stutters if clouds are turned off. 

AMD 8350 @ 4.9 GHz

16 GB Corsair 2400MHz

XFX 7790 (fried my 7970)

45-60 FPS with custom setting,  mid to high settings

It's just a poorly optimized game right now man. Guys with pretty expensive rigs are still having to tweak some settings down. That's just ARMA in general. 

I hope they optimize it as soon as possible, since buildings (and zombies, at least in the mod), like to mess with your fps a lot.

It's been poorly optimized since the start of the mod, too bad standalone has no progression thus far, i'm sure it's getting fixed.

it's still just alpha.

Yeah,  it seems to have regressed performance wise,  for me at least.  I'm going to upgrade my CPU in the near future anyway,  hopefully that will help a bit.  Just have to decide which way to go.  

I am getting pretty good FPS but I am also playing on the lowest settings so I get those extra couple of frames and the game runs a bit smoother :)

I have found that anti-aliasing and ambient occlusion are big FPS killers, so try disabling with Fraps running to see if FPS improves. My i5 3570K / GTX650TI rig manages a solid 40-60 FPS anywhere on the map with everything else set to high or very high. I also concur on removing clouds to stop stutters.

i have an i5 2520k at 3ghz and a 7700 8gb ram and by following the online guides for fps I have 50ish in woods and mid 30s in big towns.

I suggest everyone googles optimizing dayz sa and follows through with it

Yes, it's a poorly optimized game, judging by the outcome on Arma 3 and also Arma 2 performance you shouldn't expect anything more even after release.