hazychestnutz

Life expectancy is going down. What do you think is happening?

It was 33 mins a week ago, it went down 2 mins after the recent patches. What do you think is happening?

I believe it's multiple factors, but I'll just guess one.

Tents wiped, people trying to find new tents, people meet, and pew pew?

Rocket introduced bears into the game, and now they are eating everyone.

Yes, this is the most likely answer.

Personally, i think it is due to the fact that a majority of players now shoot EVERYONE on sight.

I think I can answer this with a simple image

20459832.jpg

ok the reason why it drops is because i couldnt find any water and was heavy on painkillers....started a rampage and killed everything that moved :D

ok just a little joke but i think the reason is that the players let themselves spawn...and spawn....and spawn...untill they are near a town...so they mabye die like 2-4 times.... it could be that it could not...just my theorie

I'll tell you whats happening:

Rocket in his infinate awesomeness has made the loading times on servers super duper fast and now people can respawn to get better spawnpoints more easily.

More respawns = more deaths = lower life expectancy

This is most definately not being caused any changes to the actual game.

Problem?

Idk maybe it has something to do with being shot on site and no gun or anything else to defend yourself with... Give me back my pistol and there will be no issues!

I seriously don't understand why everyone thinks that many bandits actually go that much out of their way to camp spawning areas or things like that. It seriously is just huge amounts of respawning to get better spawns because we can't choose our spawns, for some reason.

Survivalrate is low, because they took the tactical out of the tactical survival mod and replaced it with Run Forrest, Run.

maybe because people are trying to find a gun, and in the process of that, a zombie gets em, or a person.

People assume clicking respawn lowers life expectancy. This is not actually the case, lives that last less than a few minutes are not counted into this for that reason according to Rocket.

The reason is because you don't start with necessary survival stuff now and it's a matter of who knows how to run well and who gets lucky.

Idk maybe it has something to do with being shot on site and no gun or anything else to defend yourself with... Give me back my pistol and there will be no issues!

doesn't that just continue the shoot on sight trend? why not add/subract more things till shoot on sight isn't the best option >50% of the time.

It's not the lack of stuff that kills you, but the zombie behaviour. I don't mind starting with zero gear, it's just that the whole gameplay now consists either camping near the shore/pier and serverjumping to loot the houses nearby or running madly around the town from one house to another, hoping to gain access into loot while doing it. There's nothing tactical nor fun about it, it's just repetitive and boring. You can try crawling, see how far that gets you. The corner around the house with dead angle is going to throw another zed to your face and you're dead by the time you get up from the ground.

Well I was on my 10th day of living on one character, then the change to zed detection and the nerf to prone happened. This patch also had major bugs in it to where zed aggro'd from WAY far away. Also loot was broken for a bit. (funny part about this patch, it's when they changed beginner gear, and I laughed at that thinking I would live forever, whoops)

Well I loaded up, did what I was used to when it came to avoiding zeds, well I pulled one and had to fire my DMR to kill it. Pulled all of Stary, died quick.

So my guess on the declining life expectancy, which I have noticed as well, is the community getting used to the new zed mechanics, and not spawning with a gun.

Unarmed people getting player killed, and people getting killed by zombies. It's pretty obvious, really.

doesn't that just continue the shoot on sight trend? why not add/subract more things till shoot on sight isn't the best option >50% of the time.

I think part of the problem is the removal of the Side Chat. As much as it intrudes into the "realism" aspect of the game, being able to communicate from a safe distance kind of reduced the danger communicating in this game. If you're in range to direct communicate, you're in range to get shot. I had less people shoot me on sight with starting pistols and side chat then I do now. Can somebody explain that?

I'll tell you whats happening:

Rocket in his infinate awesomeness has made the loading times on servers super duper fast and now people can respawn to get better spawnpoints more easily.

More respawns = more deaths = lower life expectancy

This is most definately not being caused any changes to the actual game.

Problem?

Dying within the first few minutes isn't counted in the stats. Funny how certain you thought you were, I think I'll quote Bertrand Russel now:

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

People assume clicking respawn lowers life expectancy. This is not actually the case' date=' lives that last less than a few minutes are not counted into this for that reason according to Rocket.

[/quote']

...but then how could expectancy be two minutes?

People assume clicking respawn lowers life expectancy. This is not actually the case' date=' lives that last less than a few minutes are not counted into this for that reason according to Rocket.

[/quote']

...but then how could expectancy be two minutes?

It's not?...

Edit: the OP said it DECREASED 2 minutes, as in from 33 minutes to 31 minutes.

I really dont understand why people have such a hard time spawning without a pistol..

It is so easy to not get killed by zombies and still loot buildings you just need to find out wich type of buildings you can easily loot without any weapon (going in a building and run onto the stairs with the only way to go down again being the same stairs is not a smart thing to do when getting chased by zombies. weapons are easy to get and melee weapons are almost up for grabs near spawn sites