twingunz

More diverse loot spawns

Honestly i don't think any loot should be forced to one spot and i know dayz SA is more lenient than the mod BUT still things like m4's (for example) should have an ultra low chance of being found in suburban homes like 0.001% drop rate or something ridiculously low, i think its unrealistic to say certain things only spawn in certain places as in real life and especially after an apocalypse people would've got arms and moved supplies around themselves etc, etc.

Also a plus on this means that people are less likely to pass up the 1st few towns or smaller towns further out (when loot spawning is actually in and working) to run straight for military bases as the loot they want can be found more randomly it'll make every house worthy of your time.

Note: This also would apply vice versa; military areas would also have a low chance of spawning common crap as why are we always the first people to be in a place / building when nothing is new in the world anymore.

Thoughts on this?

• Like 1

Searching every house I see for a weapon that has 0.001% spawn rate sounds like OCD. Even if it's 1 or 2% 

I think vehicles can help here, afterall, they have their own stories, their own journeys. They could have had a driver with a pistol or M4, loose shells or rounds in the boot form hunting or surviving. 

Would be cool to find a car smashed up against a tree in the middle of nowhere with a cop car nearby, 

Edited by DaveZ
  • Like 1

Searching every house I see for a weapon that has 0.001% spawn rate sounds like OCD. Even if it's 1 or 2% 

Agreed but that's only 1 example item and rate but it still can mean payout for those who do take the time to search other than just walking into a blood bath and server hoppers in military bases, so everyone can have nice things (eventually) playing how they want to play not being forced to go somewhere; even though they would have largely better odds if they did go to the main spawn locations, i personally feel it just keeps the game fresh other than being a military grind.

Things will change once they introduce the weapons that we would find in houses or barns.

Too many M4's and military spawns causing people run up and down the west side of the map atm will hopefully be evened out soon.

• Like 2

The idea is good, but I'd suggest having common things be a little more spread around,

for exaple; Houses do not (or barely, Idk) have medical supplies, nor does the militairy.

In my experience both the militairy and practically all houses have medical etc.

So I'd focus on the 'common' things instead of guns

• Like 1

The idea is good, but I'd suggest having common things be a little more spread around,

for exaple; Houses do not (or barely, Idk) have medical supplies, nor does the militairy.

In my experience both the militairy and practically all houses have medical etc.

So I'd focus on the 'common' things instead of guns

Yeah 100% on that i just used the M4 coz its a very particular spawn (even though it's in abundance atm) yeah i think painkillers should be slightly higher in homes than say a defibrillator i've found more defibrillators in homes than anywhere else atm haha but yes needs to be a lot more common junk everywhere as at the moment the game is still very go here for these spawns i even know what houses to avoid completely now, which kind of sucks as it limits my experience.

• Like 1

Things will change once they introduce the weapons that we would find in houses or barns.

Too many M4's and military spawns causing people run up and down the west side of the map atm will hopefully be evened out soon.

Yeah i'm hoping so too even i'm doing it and i don't like it! i think the M4 spawns will be completely ironed out once we have a few more spawns for military bases thus lowering the chance of it spawning.

Honestly i don't think any loot should be forced to one spot and i know dayz SA is more lenient than the mod BUT still things like m4's (for example) should have an ultra low chance of being found in suburban homes like 0.001% drop rate or something ridiculously low, i think its unrealistic to say certain things only spawn in certain places as in real life and especially after an apocalypse people would've got arms and moved supplies around themselves etc, etc.

Also a plus on this means that people are less likely to pass up the 1st few towns or smaller towns further out (when loot spawning is actually in and working) to run straight for military bases as the loot they want can be found more randomly it'll make every house worthy of your time.

Note: This also would apply vice versa; military areas would also have a low chance of spawning common crap as why are we always the first people to be in a place / building when nothing is new in the world anymore.

Thoughts on this?

I don't think you have it right tho. There is too few weapons as it is, not in bases but in cottages around the map. Not the m4a1s either but double barrelled shotguns and pistols. As for the military bases, if the game was depicting reality, you would find them all locked up in certain storage rooms and probably dozen at a time and more with ammo, not on or under beds either.

I mean come on, this game is very far from reality, which is ok, they just have to balance the loot out so everyone gets to have some weapon to defend his shit even if they can't reach the Airfields or Military bases.

• Like 1

I don't think you have it right tho. There is too few weapons as it is, not in bases but in cottages around the map. Not the m4a1s either but double barrelled shotguns and pistols. As for the military bases, if the game was depicting reality, you would find them all locked up in certain storage rooms and probably dozen at a time and more with ammo, not on or under beds either.

I mean come on, this game is very far from reality, which is ok, they just have to balance the loot out so everyone gets to have some weapon to defend his shit even if they can't reach the Airfields or Military bases.

They are basing this game on reality though and i beg to differ if the government and army shut down people will break into weapon lockups by any means necessary people aren't going to rock up to lockups and go ooooh a lock well lets go home then no they're going to pummel cars into it beat the doors down blow doors down people are crazy just look at shopping sale videos on youtube haha!

All i mean is that someone who doesn't want to risk going into a base but has put countless hours into searching homes has a small chance they might come across something military grade but the M4 was just an example i mean no forced spawn locations on any items at all! just have items have higher chances in obvious spots :) 

I love the, "Every should have a gun" theory. 

I think the guns should be rarer. I've found 3 m4's in a short amount before. 80x 7.62 in 1 server. 

M4's are more common than pistols and tin openers.

So, if guns were much rarer, it would be nice to see an incredibly lucky m4 in a residential area. 

(btw, residential area's do spawn the Mosin already. I think it spawns like the Enfield)

• Like 1

I love the, "Every should have a gun" theory. 

I think the guns should be rarer. I've found 3 m4's in a short amount before. 80x 7.62 in 1 server. 

M4's are more common than pistols and tin openers.

So, if guns were much rarer, it would be nice to see an incredibly lucky m4 in a residential area. 

(btw, residential area's do spawn the Mosin already. I think it spawns like the Enfield)

I think the M4 issue is more a not enough items in the military loot tables though (just a theory) so if true when they increase the amount of things that can drop in military areas (such as if they added common items to the loot table) it should cut down the M4 spawn rates, also more weapons would help the m4 issue. That said it's barely been a week and we already got one new gun (not that it's spawning though lol) be amazing if they kept up the one new gun a week thing haha i can dream :P

• Like 1