Vaderlane1997

Kicked off DayZ servers repeatedly, file error.

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the DayZ world, and recently I just got Operation Arrowhead to play and install DayZ. I took all the necessary steps to get it running, and it works fine. ( Not on a DayZ server )

However; whenever I try to get into ANY DayZ server, it has a list of files that I have no idea what are, or haven't touched, and it says that the files aren't signed with a key the server accepts. It tells me to remove the listed files or install additional accepted keys.

Im not sure if this would affect it, but I have Arma : II with an install that is not related to steam. I got it in box from a BestBuy store. I don't think it would have an adverse affect on the mod, but I'm not sure.

Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks for taking the time to read this, hope I get some help soon. ( PS. If there's a thread on this/its not in the right place, I'm sorry, I'm quite frustrated right now, and not sure where else to turn )

did you tryed reinstall dayz or arma2:co and dayz?

No' date=' not yet. Im just waiting to see what the community has to say.

I don't want to be rash and screw something up.

[hr']

Come on guys, didn't pay 20 dollars for nothing.

I know this is really late, but I just solved this problem myself. For me, in steam I had to right click on ArmA2, go to properties, got to the local files tab, click verify integrity of game cache. Repeat for ArmA2OA.

It should do a check and start downloading some files. Some of these will be low res assets that are needed. The high res versions of these come with the PMC and BAF DLCs and people with those installed will never get this problem.

After the downloading is done, you will have to copy the beta exe from the expansion beta folder back out to where the original exe is. That should solve it.

Solved with this:

1. Get Arma II Beta patch from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

2. Open zip file and run the .exe to install the new patch.

3. Browse to /Program Files(x87)/Steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/ and RENAME the existing arma2oa.exe.

4. Go to the /arma 2 operation arrowhead/expansion/beta and copy the arma2oa.exe, then paste it into your /arma 2 operation arrowhead directory.

5. Launch steam, and click properties under Arma II: Operation Arrowhead. Choose Set Launch Options, and enter this: -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca

6. Run Arma II: Operation Arrowhead from steam once, and then use 6 launcher.

And that's it. I was able to get it to work using those. If this doesn't work, try clearing the caches for Arma II and Arma II: OA.

Best of luck guys!

Solved with this:

1. Get Arma II Beta patch from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

2. Open zip file and run the .exe to install the new patch.

3. Browse to /Program Files(x87)/Steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/ and RENAME the existing arma2oa.exe.

4. Go to the /arma 2 operation arrowhead/expansion/beta and copy the arma2oa.exe' date=' then paste it into your /arma 2 operation arrowhead directory.

5. Launch steam, and click properties under Arma II: Operation Arrowhead. Choose Set Launch Options, and enter this: -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca

6. Run Arma II: Operation Arrowhead from steam once, and then use 6 launcher.

And that's it. I was able to get it to work using those. If this doesn't work, try clearing the caches for Arma II and Arma II: OA.

Best of luck guys!

[/quote']

And what do you do if you have the Arma 2 free and bought arrowhead retail?