brandokid25

More player appearance customization

So I've thought of this everytime I look at my suited up post-apoc survivor and think: Why doesn't this badass have a beard or some long hair? How come I can't change his face up a little?

I would like to see Rocket add more depth to appearance. Currently you can change your skin type, your gender, and what color t-shirt, jeans, and shoes you wear at the moment. But I want to see more player customization, i do love the clothes i find and wear on my journey, but having more in depth player appearance customization would make your character stand out (or at least a little) rather than having the exact same face as everyone else.

Possible Customizations:

1. Eye color

2. Body mass (skinny or fat)

3. Hair color and hair styles.

4. Scars

5. Facial hair 

6. Age (won't affect gameplay, just what the character looks like at that age.)

Things I'd like to see which I think would be immersive:

1. Craftable or findable journals for players to write their stories rather than using a sheet of paper.

2. Craftable or findable dogtags, so when you find a dead survivor you knew the person's name

Feedback welcome!

Yes, I would also like clothes to have different bonuses, not only visual. Like hoodie sweter is good for cold times, a thick jacket decreases the chances of being wounded from zombies, which is realistic because it's hard to wound somebody with your bare hands if he's wearing a thick jacket, some could work as a little camo.

Edited by Gdaddy22
  • Like 1

Yes, I would also like clothes to have different bonuses, not only visual. Like hoodie sweter is good for cold times, a thick jacket decreases the chances of being wounded from zombies, some could work as a little camo.

Umm I thought this was already the case? Or just not fully implemented already.

I would love to see that but there is so many damn things million times important to do.. :|

• Like 2

I like the idea of getting fat from eating too much :D

Lol that would be funny to see :D

Yes, I would also like clothes to have different bonuses, not only visual. Like hoodie sweter is good for cold times, a thick jacket decreases the chances of being wounded from zombies, which is realistic because it's hard to wound somebody with your bare hands if he's wearing a thick jacket, some could work as a little camo.

That is a good idea, I wear an orange raincoat in the game atm and it would be nice if it gave a little bonus so you have a slightly less chance of getting wounded.

Clothes/gear already protects you.

Hair and beard should grow as you character survives longer. It's not implemented yet. Rocket talked about it in the dec 13th stream iirc

Edited by Chips-
  • Like 3

I would love to see that but there is so many damn things million times important to do.. :|

That is true Kipale, but this would be a nice little feature to sprinkle on top of a big update. I hope that Rocket adds in depth player customization soon!

Clotches/gear already protects you.

Hair and beard should grow as you character survives longer. It's not implemented yet. Rocket talked about it in the dec 13th stream iirc

And if you wanted to not look like Tom Hanks in 'Castaway' anymore you can take a razor and shave it all off. Good idea!

Clothes/gear already protects you.

Haha, growing hair and beard would be epic. Should you be able to shave it tho? :lol:

I think Dean also talked about adding these + taattos? 

DayZ is real time (each in-game day is 24 hours), so adding an age system would be a waste of time and effort

Umm I thought this was already the case? Or just not fully implemented already.

Already in game,my gear keeps protecting me , until its Damaged :(

DayZ is real time (each in-game day is 24 hours), so adding an age system would be a waste of time and effort

I'm not saying add aging, just pick an age that you start at. So if your character is 30 something then they can look 30 something. Adding an age system would be too much work, just have a starting age that defines how old your character is.

I think Dean also talked about adding these + taattos? 

I wouldn't mind seeing Tattoos either, and I hope he's going to add it!

I like the idea of getting fat from eating too much :D

Getting fat would be lack of activity. We would have spawn campers the size of Jabba the Hut hiding in the bushes.

• Like 1

Getting fat would be lack of activity. We would have spawn campers the size of Jabba the Hut hiding in the bushes.

That's just hilarious