Sign in to follow this  
synystr

Genuine hacks or people looking for attention?

So, there are a couple of threads going on about teleporting and spawning weapons and aimbots... the common jump way to soon to convenient conclusions.

However, in my 40 hours I have clocked in SA, I haven't experienced anything close to hacks (but a lot of combat logging and ghosting but that is for another day). Same with the 8 or so guys I survive with in any number at one time.

Does anyone have any concrete proof that "hacking is rampant in SA"? Because, to me, it looks like the people who are posting these are just sad to have lost their characters. 

First it was god, then it was aliens, now its hackers. 

• Like 1

Agreed i've got 50 hours game time (i should prob spend my time doing other things haha) at the moment and yeah i've seen nothing other than the standard exploits.

Same, also its weird that there is no videos or any "real proof" about these hacks... specially if they really are that much of a problem. With quick look I found one video from youtube that claims dayz hacks with a demo video... thas about it... other ones are just from bad players, clitches/bugs or just fake named MOD footage.

Edited by Zeppa

70 hours here, not a single hacker found. Though a friend has been showing me a stream of a hacker who was advertising his product. It was mostly a noclip that didnt let you fly. And because the server couldnt catch up, the guy frequently landed in the ocean and couldnt get out cause there was no land even close to him. He also didnt have godmode(which isnt possible to obtain anymore anyway if im correct) cause he managed to get his leg broken when clipping through a building. xD

That was the only "attempt" at hacking I have witnessed, though only through a stream and not personally. So I am not sure if it was prerecorded and maybe changed a little. It was definitely the alpha and not the mod though, since he was using the new inventory system and his character kept whining that hes thirsty.

All in all not too troublesome, especially with more security measures coming up later this year(which cant be too far away now) according to rockets roadmap.

30+ hours here and same experience.
Neither me or the 7 people i play with have encountered any obvious hacking so far.

70 hours here, not a single hacker found. Though a friend has been showing me a stream of a hacker who was advertising his product. It was mostly a noclip that didnt let you fly. And because the server couldnt catch up, the guy frequently landed in the ocean and couldnt get out cause there was no land even close to him. He also didnt have godmode(which isnt possible to obtain anymore anyway if im correct) cause he managed to get his leg broken when clipping through a building. xD

lol!

Edited by vile.

Mixture of the two combined IMHO.

Strongly disagree. As long as there is paid software and competitive element - there will be hacks. No matter what company size is - issue will be there. Larger companies can afford to suppress this problem by different set of means while smaller companies lack such luxury and suffer more as a result. It's was a matter of time and to tell the truth I'm not surprised to hear about hacks in DayZ SA at this stage. Alpha.

What DayZ offer though is quite efficient way to beat said hack problem. Private Hives. Quite similar to rented servers in BF. People tend to gather by interests and I doubt that hacker can exist for long on a server where admin ban them on the first notice. They can buy their own server just for hacking though but I could care less if they are not spoil fun of others. And if somebody abusing admin privileges just to gain advantage - they can lose community fast. People just leave to play elsewhere.

The way I see it public servers is just a half measure to test the game. Nothing else. Once more control over rented servers will be available to customers public servers become much less popular. Not completely unpopular, they have their purpose. It is a good place to learn the ropes and make your own impression about the game but they cannot suffice in the long term. Because of hacks, lack of teamplay and limited features.

There are videos out there on youtube showing basic scripting in the SA but i personally haven't witnessed it yet, As some of you have already mentioned its a mix of Hackusations,Glitching and Paranoia.

My only experience so far has been a speed hacker running after me (1.5x sprinting speed) punching with fists and yelling in local about how fast he was running.

I had a run in today with a hacker.  I couldn't believe that they were out already so I typed in DayZ Hacks on google and was very surprised to see about 5 or 6 paid for hacks already on the market.  The reality is that no matter what you do or where you play people are going to cheat.  I just hope that those who are already aimbotting and wall-hacking get banned from all of their steam games and not just DayZ.

My only experience so far has been a speed hacker running after me (1.5x sprinting speed) punching with fists and yelling in local about how fast he was running.

Thats a well known bug. Punch, then sprinting is basically equal to the turbo bug in the mod.

Got around 30 hours now and today was my first encounter with scriptkiddie.

Server was getting quite dark so only like 8 of us or so, on some UK server kept playing and weird server lag surely contributed to people leaving. Items took a good minute to combine or else interact with them and I later found myself teleported back to town that I left good 20 minutes ago.

I have around 100 hours logged, I remember in the first 2 days or so, the genuine "hacking" part, (spawning, teleporting..ect.) was very popular, but now it seems to have stopped, devs said they fixed it, dont know if its true or not... But id imagine that esp and other small time "hacks" are probably around. But I dont believe spawning in items is.