GrumpyGat (DayZ)

Frame rate head scratcher

Alright, so is DayZ SA simply not optimized yet like the original ARMA II mod? or am I missing some sort of setting or something. No matter what I do I can't seem to get above 15fps in the major cities. Everyone else says they get a good 30-40fps in cities yet I am struggling to do so.

My specs:

i7 3770K OC 5.0ghz

16gb GSKILL DDR3L 2133MHz

Kingston 256 SSD

Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD3 Mobo

Asus GEFORCE GTX 780ti

I can't imagine most people are running this type of setup. How is it that with one of the latest ivy bridge CPUs and the best GPU on the market, am I still struggling?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. 

Edited by GrumpyGat

I think its just really un-optimized for certain hardware. I got 40-60 on the mods. I'm lucky if I get 25 on the standalone. (I've messed with it for hours) Other friends ran the mod horribly on the mod, now run 45ish.

Edited by Bensticles

never drop below 30 fps

my specs:

CPU: i7-4770K @5,4 GHz

RAM: 16GB G.Skill @ 1600 MHz

Mobo: MSI Z87-G43

GFX: GTX 780 Lightning 3GB

HD: 128 GB Samsung 840 Pro Series SSD for Win 7 64bit

HD: 500 GB Samsung 840 Evo Series SSD for Games

in overall the SA runs about 10-15 fps smoother than the Mod @ 1920*1080 ..everything maxed out except Post Processing is turned off ( i cant stand that blurry effect)

i have also changed in the "DayZ.cfg" the line: GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000; to GPU_MaxFramesAhead=3;

and in the "yourname.dayzprofile" the line sceneComplexity=1000000; to sceneComplexity=250000;

• Like 1