Sign in to follow this  
JaneGoodall

QA engineer would like to make own server for reporting bugs

Hi,

I really DayZ and I'd like to make my own server so that I can write a good bug report for a bug that's really annoying me. I'd like to be able to reproduce it before I report it.

Essentially, I've found that I die when I log out in a corner. My guess is that I respawn outside of the walls since it only happens when I log out in a tower, like a fire station. At first, I thought I was getting unlucky and people were logging in as I logged out, but it's happened three times now so this is unlikely.

Does anyone have answers to these questions?

1) How can I display debug info, like this? http://www.dayzbuzz.com/dayz-how-to-turn-on-debug-monitor/

2) How can I spawn/teleport my character anywhere I want?

3) Where are the log files that show how I died?

I know that the server software is not yet available for public use (makes sense since it's in alpha), but is there any way I can help you guys out? Perhaps you guys have a server I can use temporarily to verify that the bug exists?

Thank you in advance. :)

Edited by JaneGoodall

Can you provide some insight into why you need gear spawning and teleporting to test logging out in the corners of buildings?
It takes ten mins to walk to NWAF and anywhere else on the map.

This screams sus as fuck man., just use the bug reporter and fill it out to the best of your ability.

Edited by burritoman259

Can you provide some insight into why you need gear spawning and teleporting to test logging out in the corners of buildings?

This screams sus as fuck man., just use the bug reporter and fill it out to the best of your ability.

I don't need gear spawning. I need either teleporting or the ability to spawn wherever I specify. I tried server hopping to verify it but it seems to be happening in a very small area, which is why I need to see the coordinates. Also it takes MUCH longer than 10 minutes to walk to airfields from most spawn areas, even on an empty server.

Edited by JaneGoodall