Sign in to follow this  
ZedsDeadBaby

Anyone have advice on container usage to prevent loss in terrain?

I have lost several containers (like protective cases, first aid kits) to terrain. I drag them out of my inventory into the "Vicinity" and they disappear forever.

Before everyone grabs the pitchforks, yes, I understand 1) it's an Alpha and 2) it's a known issue.

What I'm asking is if anyone has a reliable method to avoid the issue. Is there a particular type of terrain or surface that is more reliable for "catching" containers right now?

I tried to stay away from walls and buildings, I was just standing on flat ground and dragged my protective case on to the ground and *poof* it was gone forever.

Single tear.  :( 

Place the box in your hands. When the boxes are in your hands you can see the gear inside and move it around easily.

• Like 1

Im just staying away from containers untill its fully fixed to avoid getting pissed off lol

Most of the time it's just lag. I know what you mean though, I have lost things permanently this way, but I've noticed that most of the time I can recover the items again. Basically, when they disappear, sometimes they'll show up after a bit. I had a medkit vanish and show up on the floor where I originally dropped it over a full minute later. Also, sometimes if you're on the second floor of a building, it will appear on the first floor (happens a lot in the two story military buildings I find)

• Like 1

Place the box in your hands. When the boxes are in your hands you can see the gear inside and move it around easily.

Will try. If this works, thanks six million.

Had no problem so far, carry 2 containers and one ammo box. They disappear on the ground but then spawn back after minute or so. But lost can of tuna forever just by moving it around the ground so I guess situation you described can happen.

It works, but it doesn't work perfectly. It's hard to tell if you have room and you can't see everything on every container. I hope they change it so the in-hands view is the same as on the ground.

It works, but it doesn't work perfectly. It's hard to tell if you have room and you can't see everything on every container. I hope they change it so the in-hands view is the same as on the ground.

Its still better than losing gear on the ground :)

Had no problem so far, carry 2 containers and one ammo box. They disappear on the ground but then spawn back after minute or so. But lost can of tuna forever just by moving it around the ground so I guess situation you described can happen.

That is what i have been seeing as well, can take up to 30 seconds to appear and sometimes may be in a 2 odd metre radius of where i dropped it. I always throw down a ripped bit of shirt first as a tester then wait. I never drop anything in buildings or on big concrete areas like runways and such. Old mod habits die hard. Roads generally seem to be the safest bet for dropping stuff though.

I have lost several containers (like protective cases, first aid kits) to terrain. I drag them out of my inventory into the "Vicinity" and they disappear forever.

Before everyone grabs the pitchforks, yes, I understand 1) it's an Alpha and 2) it's a known issue.

What I'm asking is if anyone has a reliable method to avoid the issue. Is there a particular type of terrain or surface that is more reliable for "catching" containers right now?

I tried to stay away from walls and buildings, I was just standing on flat ground and dragged my protective case on to the ground and *poof* it was gone forever.

Single tear.   :( 

See above, may be helpful :)

Edited by Hetstaine

Single tear.  :( 

They don't disappear unless you're on a higher floor, as sometimes they fall through the floor you're on -- other than that, if you drag something and it disappears, the server is just chugging a bit in processing the request.

Edit: beat by hest --- bahhumbug

So just wait for up to thirty to forty seconds (if you can)

Edited by Nihilum

Doing it out doors is best. Walls can swallow up items, dropping containers on anything other than the ground floor is bad too, it falls straigh through most of the time. There is also almost always a lag. If you drop it, stay where you are and wait upto a minute, 99% of the time for me it shows up. As others ahve said you can also put cases in your hand to take things out.

Wait a second. Has anyone thought about the fact that carrying a container in a backpack takes up 4 slots, while the container holds 6-8 slots. Wtf lol