Sign in to follow this  
caboose_neg_1

Servers kicking people?

if they paid for the server they can kick whoever they want?

if they paid for the server they can kick whoever they want?

Technically it's not YOUR server, you are renting it and have to adhere to certain rules set out by the Standalone Devs. Hosters can/will terminate your server if you refuse to comply with these rules.

Take this however you want but paying to rent a server does not make it yours to do whatever you please.

I think kicking was meant to remove players that are causing issues not just to kick anyone who you deem unfit to play on your server.

Edited by R.Neville

Cant kick people only restart server

-Atm

Edited by Shadowfray

Was joining a server, 2 people in it, in the split second saw them looting at Balota then I was kicked.

Rent a server, loot up, join a packed server and pew pew then reset.

Technically it's not YOUR server, you are renting it and have to adhere to certain rules set out by the Standalone Devs. Hosters can/will terminate your server if you refuse to comply with these rules.

Take this however you want but paying to rent a server does not make it yours to do whatever you please.

I think kicking was meant to remove players that are causing issues not just to kick anyone who you deem unfit to play on your server.

if you think the server hosting company is going to remove my server because I kick everyone off it your a fool, the devs cant/wont stop a person who is renting a server from keeping it at 0/40 players just so he and his friends can get some easy loot.

Was joining a server, 2 people in it, in the split second saw them looting at Balota then I was kicked.

Rent a server, loot up, join a packed server and pew pew then reset.

And I'm almost sure this is not the intention of the Kick function that we Admins have atm but hey, at least we know early as to who the bad Admins are going to be. Or am I wrong?  ;)

And I'm almost sure this is not the intention of the Kick function that we Admins have atm but hey, at least we know early as to who the bad Admins are going to be. Or am I wrong?  ;)

your wrong for one big reason, the server they are renting is not for playing on its just to get gear so they keep everyone out who isn't there buddy. is it a retarded way to get gear? yes, are people stupid spending real money to get items in dayz? of course! but that wont stop them from doing it.

if you think the server hosting company is going to remove my server because I kick everyone off it your a fool, the devs cant/wont stop a person who is renting a server from keeping it at 0/40 players just so he and his friends can get some easy loot.

You have fun on your empty server, because most likely that's how it's going to remain.

When server hopping(which is what they're exploiting) is dealt with, it still remains that the decision to do what they're doing, comes down to a bad Admin. If they're doing this now and more server functions come down the pipe, I can only imagine how reckless they're going to be.

Edited by R.Neville

your wrong for one big reason, the server they are renting is not for playing on its just to get gear so they keep everyone out who isn't there buddy. is it a retarded way to get gear? yes, are people stupid spending real money to get items in dayz? of course! but that wont stop them from doing it.

I think your forgetting that if you rent a DayZ server you will have to follow certain rules as a admin, and yes hosts have a 3 strike policy in place were your server will be removed from the whitelist. Doesnt matter if you rent a server you have to follow the guidelines and rules.

You have fun on your empty server, because most likely that's how it's going to remain.

thats how I want it~

I think your forgetting that if you rent a DayZ server you will have to follow certain rules as a admin, and yes hosts have a 3 strike policy in place were your server will be removed from the whitelist. Doesnt matter if you rent a server you have to follow the guidelines and rules.

Sure thing I'll believe it when I see it~

And I wish you best of luck and I hope you eventually have the skill and courage of course to play the game like it is supposed to be  :)

Servers like this I am pretty sure WILL be removed from the whitelist, there is no difference between this and actually putting a password on it.

There seems to be some confusion about passwording servers. *No* public hive servers are to be passworded by consumers. Private hives soon.

Hicks twitter post

It is a shame and it pains me to see server tools used in such a way, especially when said tools are meant solely for administration purposes and NOT for ruining the experience of the game, for themselves and others. Apart from that, I can't really say much because I'm not familiar with the Terms of Service, but I think one of Hick's tweets could potentially shed some light here.

Yes, I realize that he is referring to applying a password to servers, but there is more or less no difference. You can think of a constant stream of kicking players as a password, however you like, both keep players out of your server. I would also like to point out that he's speaking of servers on the public hive, and I doubt I need to give the definition of public.

EDIT: Atomizer beat me to the link. ^

Edited by Sab

Quoted from providers-

Hello ********,

We would like to remind everyone that locking your server is not currently allowed.  This may change in the future but currently all DayZ Standalone servers must remained unlocked at all times.

We understand in can be frustrating when your server keeps filling up as you and your friends try to join.  However, a locked server allows the nature of the central hive system to be abused.  To ensure a fair gameplay experience for everyone, all servers must remained unlocked at all times.

We are currently operating on a 3 strike system.  The first 2 times a server is found to be locked we will temperately disable it and open a ticket.  You will need to respond to the ticket to have your server enabled again. If a server is found to be locked a 3rd time it will be permanently disabled. 

We appreciate everyone's understanding.

Best Regards,

Vilayer LTD

I saw a bunch of servers named like "we kick don't join" as well as password protected servers. Hope these bastards will get their ban.

I find it funny that people think that the server providers won't shut down their server.

The server you pay for has to connect to the hive in order for it to be playable. The service hosting your server has to maintain good standing with the community in order to ensure quick whitelisting of new servers. It is actually not worth the paltry fee you are providing the server host for them to risk losing their position. And even if they do? If you server is consistently found to be abusing the system, your server will lose its whitelist status. Your server host doesn't have any control over that at all. DayZ has to allow your server provider to allow you to purchase a server. If DayZ revokes that privilege, your server is effectively dead.