Sign in to follow this  
raggamuffin (DayZ)

A Few Questions

Hi all,

Played Dayz a year ago for a while and recently bought the standalone alpha. Had a few questions I was wondering if someone could answer. Firstly can anyone give me tips for melee? The hit detection is rather off and I wonder if it'll be fixed and if there's an easier way to kill zombies other than relying on fleeing or trying to kill them a.s.ap without losing too much blood. A feat which eludes me as I have often swung at a zombie 10-15 times before the thing is dead. I find 1st person melee is more effective than 3rd, but still it's pretty unrealistic.

Secondly how do I use gestures? I came across someone who waved at me and I had no idea how to respond in kind. This brings me to the third question what button shortcut is for text chat? I've bashed the keyboard several times and brough up random things but I need to remember consistently.

Fourthdo different rucksacks have different amounts of carry slots?

Finally i'm wondering if there's any decent sites for benchmarks of this game? Especially the alpha. I'm running an i7 ivybridge at 3.5 ghz and a 4GB 680 GTX and 8 GB of 1833 Mhz RAM. But the main "problem" is i'm running a 30" 2560x1600 res monitor and  my frame rate is utterly punished in certain games, Dayz included.  Basically I love running my games with everything on ultra and would like to see what hardware performs very well on dayz before committing to my next PC build.

Ed

Edited by raggamuffin

To kill zombies without losing any blood, pretend that you're a rogue in an MMO and circle around them 1000 times spamming auto attack.

Actually it works. They won't hit you unless you are facing them. If you keep circling around their backside they won't hit you.

hola,

First Question.... come on... you know how to kill zombies! (Axe, Weapons for example, if you dont have these things, run!)

Press F1 to wave.... 

Textmessage is "-"

3 Types of Bagpacks. 25/30/35 slots

last question...answer: google

Greetings

Major

my tip for melee, dont "ready" your weapon - i.e. press the spacebar

it tends to chop to the side which is annoying

also get an axe, they are 1 hit kill to zombies

with gestures, you can bind them in the control configuration so you can give people the middle finger as well

If you latency is good than you can kill any zombies with melee weapons without getting hit.

Much like the pistol technique in the mod, fight them while walking backward,

when they get close to you they'll stop for their attack animation,

right after you have a small window where you can get close and get those melee hits.

I guess you can also circle them.