Sign in to follow this  
hypergolem

Cannot find my own body after I respawned

I cannot find my own bodies after I respawn... Happened every time I tried to recover my stuff...

Is it supposed to happen or is it a bug?

Probably because it disappeared. As far as I'm aware it's a bug lately.

You never find other corpses either, do you? Even though you'd expect them in certain towns and buildings.

I think once a player respawns quickly after death his old character gets removed from the map (please correct me if I'm wrong on this). From watching YT vids it looks like people do this as a last F you to the person who killed them so they don't get to loot the body. I'm sure this will be fixed though so your body and inventory stays for a certain amount of time.

I found one by the lighthouse by Electro. Had default starting gear on him.

That's a start.

Hopefully corpses become a normal thing soon enough though. Light houses may be grounds for mass suicides.

I found plenty of other players bodies but three times I tried to recover my own body and I never found it even If I knew exactly where it was

Simple way to fix this is to have a 60 second timer before you can respawn when your dead.

My group and me went on an elektro raid on saturday and killed about 7-8 people there, and all of their corpses disappeared after about a minute or so.

Same thing happened when one of my mates got killed.

Pretty sure this bug is high on the devs priority list though.

For a corpse to stay, the person has to respawn in the same server. Problem is, hitting respawn sometimes doesn't revive you making you leave the server while you're still in the death message. If you leave the server without respawning in it, it bugs and disappears.