Sign in to follow this  
vrsick

Theres nothing to "do" in this game...

and never has. Other than PVP. The "its your story" is such a cop out. To lazy or not creative enough to come up with a good story is more like it. Someone should make a game that is all storyline and "you create the rest", otherwise its just a black screen with great storylines.

Alpher. Wait for it. Something  will happen. Eventually.

It's still under development. Cars, wildlife and crafting will most likely be implemented sometimes next year.

There are a lot of other games you can go play if you want an actual storyline.  DayZ is a sandbox that let's you make your own decisions and make up your own story.  It's not suppose to have a set story with missions and task you are told to do by npcs.  You make your own objectives and your own choices.

Edited by Skat3rat
  • Like 1

Yeah, well should have played the mod or read reviews before buying the game. Your false expectations aren't our problem. I feel sorry for you, but from now on start doing research before you spend 30 dollars on anything.

• Like 2

So you're also too lazy or not creative enough to make up your own story?

and never has. Other than PVP. The "its your story" is such a cop out. To lazy or not creative enough to come up with a good story is more like it. Someone should make a game that is all storyline and "you create the rest", otherwise its just a black screen with great storylines.

What?!? There's a ton to do in this game. I suggest you quit complaining and play. Experiment with things. Try crafting traps, or other items.

DayZ Steam page, and I quote:

"We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game"...

That's what you get for being to lazy to read.

There are barely any zombie spawns right now.  They don't respawn either.  They'll change this when server performance is better optimized.  The lack of a threat means there's nothing to do currently but loot and shoot.

Also alpher.

It's a sandbox game, if you're unfamiliar with the concept then I dare say on-rails games like Cowwa Dooty and WoW have ruined your perceptions by making you follow corridors and quest arrows.

• Like 1

Anybody who thinks only good, successful games have a story are so out of it they shouldn't even bother purchasing DayZ. Think about all the original games that are simple and awesome to play, like, I don't know, just about every arcade game ever made for the most part. How about just about every card game ever made? Tetris, Magic the Gathering, Solitare, DDR, just about every physical acrade plaza, Minecraft and yes, yes DayZ. I could sit down and think of TONS of games with no story that were meant for just pure fun. Doesn't matter if you liked them or not or the time they were created in. They are all sucessful games with no story. I don't think the creators of any of those games are too lazy or uncreative enough to the point where they don't deserve what they have accomplished. You get the high score, you win or you build. All great fun. If you REALLY REALLLLLY want a good story I suggest sitting down and reading a book instead; I've always been told books were full of stories.

We were a group of military guys looking to force feed some players some rotten keewee's the other day. Two days ago I was apparently Dimitri from Russia attached to a Chernarus infection squad with my friends. We moved anybody we seen to Cherno whilst giving them food and drink for their journey. 

This game has wayyyy too many things to do.

Edited by Victus Mortuus