Sign in to follow this  
ChristmasLunch

Introducing ChristmasLunch

Hey guys!

My IGN is ChristmasLunch and I'm very new to this whole DayZ thing. I never played the mod, and only finished downloading the game about 12 hours ago. My initial reactions were bitter/sweet, however; a few hours into playing (and after meeting various *kind, friendly* players), my whole experience vamped up and I found myself immersed in this world. I've randomly lost inventories already, but I guess that's to be expected, so I can't complain!

My friends will be getting the game soon, and I will be making Youtube videos with them, making funny montages, or 'lol-tages'.

I've already noticed a few bugs/glitches in the game, and will be posting them to the bug tracker at my earliest convenience, and it's nice to know that we have an active dev team/staff team monitoring bugs and such.

I've come from various Minecraft (*sigh*, I know ;_; it's bad in comparison to this) communities, so I'm already familiar with a few forum softwares, and in fact - I would most often spend more time on the forums than on the game, so you could say that I'm a forum addict ^.^

For my age, I would consider myself a 'Grammar Nazi' (Not familiar with these board rules. Is that allowed? Can I say that?), and my age - for all of those who have already stuck around this long - is fourteen; fifteen in February.

So anyway - I think I'll fit in nicely here!

Edited by ChristmasLunch
  • Like 1

Welcome,

As I'm sure you are aware, it's in alpha stage so there will be a lot of bugs, but hopefully you and your friends can still enjoy the game.

I'm not sure what you mean by "lost inventories", but if you drop an item on the ground sometimes it takes a while for it to actually appear on the ground. I noticed this when playing with a friend and trying to trade stuff. Sometimes things drop instantly, sometimes they take up to 30 seconds to appear in the vicinity.

Read the stickied threads to get some useful info.

Hey ChristmasLunch, welcome to the community. As etherfreeze said, you can read the stickied threads to get lots of info on the game. Hope you enjoy your stay! :D

Hey guys!

My IGN is ChristmasLunch and I'm very new to this whole DayZ thing. I never played the mod, and only finished downloading the game about 12 hours ago. My initial reactions were bitter/sweet, however; a few hours into playing (and after meeting various *kind, friendly* players), my whole experience vamped up and I found myself immersed in this world. I've randomly lost inventories already, but I guess that's to be expected, so I can't complain!

My friends will be getting the game soon, and I will be making Youtube videos with them, making funny montages, or 'lol-tages'.

I've already noticed a few bugs/glitches in the game, and will be posting them to the bug tracker at my earliest convenience, and it's nice to know that we have an active dev team/staff team monitoring bugs and such.

I've come from various Minecraft (*sigh*, I know ;_; it's bad in comparison to this) communities, so I'm already familiar with a few forum softwares, and in fact - I would most often spend more time on the forums than on the game, so you could say that I'm a forum addict ^.^

For my age, I would consider myself a 'Grammar Nazi' (Not familiar with these board rules. Is that allowed? Can I say that?), and my age - for all of those who have already stuck around this long - is fourteen; fifteen in February.

So anyway - I think I'll fit in nicely here!

Yes at that age you might as well call yourself a veteran already :lol:

• Like 1

I'm not sure what you mean by "lost inventories", but if you drop an item on the ground sometimes it takes a while for it to actually appear on the ground. I noticed this when playing with a friend and trying to trade stuff. Sometimes things drop instantly, sometimes they take up to 30 seconds to appear in the vicinity.

Sorry, could have worded this better.

By lost inventories I mean having items in my inventory when I log out, and not having any when I log back in.