Sign in to follow this  
Khatolic

frames per second issue

lets solve this problem once and for all. is it possible to have STEADY 60 fps ? no. no matter what overkill rig u have. dont bullshit u have more than 30 fps. it really pisses me off when people say its caused by my settings or specifically my machine. no matter how i set them, even to the lowest i still have 30 fps in cities if not less.i have better PC than its recommended and seen people with even better rigs have the same issue.

so stop saying u underage kids that u have 60 fps... maybe when ur staring right into the ground.

What's the point of this post?  :P

I have 35 FPS outside cities, you mad bro?  :D

I get 40-90 FPS during normal play on mostly max. settings. 120 is the highest I've hit so far.

What are your system specs and current graphics settings?

Are you using any startup parameters?

Have you modified your DayZ.cfg at all?

Edited by Mos1ey

My benchmark test ran and here's the scores:

Minimum= 38

Maximum= 72

Average= 55

lets solve this problem once and for all. is it possible to have STEADY 60 fps ? no. no matter what overkill rig u have. dont bullshit u have more than 30 fps. it really pisses me off when people say its caused by my settings or specifically my machine. no matter how i set them, even to the lowest i still have 30 fps in cities if not less.i have better PC than its recommended and seen people with even better rigs have the same issue.

so stop saying u underage kids that u have 60 fps... maybe when ur staring right into the ground.

You have 30 fps in the cities, why are you complaining. I would love 30 fps.

Yes some high end intel rigs will get 50-60+ all the time, it has nothing to do with settings though and this aren't consoles so every setup will give different outcome.

I get 60 fps. On a laptop.

Deal with it.

i7 3630 QM

GTX 675mX

8 GB RAM

250 GB SSD

When I started playing I had horrible FPS too.

Then i found a guide which helped me a lot.

I know it looks weird, but I can't fix it to make it look better.

Go to Documents > DayZ and open DayZ.cfg in Notepad. ChangeGPU_MaxFramesAhead and GPU_DetectedFramesAhead to = 1.

Try disabling Ambient occlusion.

Edited by narkoman14

at minute make sure clouds is disabled this will increase fps and not cause lag spikes ;)

Some people just don't get what you're talking about, i can look to the ground and get 150 FPS and come here saying i get 150 FPS and i aint gonna be lying.

We are talking about consistently getting 60 FPS in let's say a 30 min gaming session on a populated servers and in both forest and cities.

• Like 1

Some people just don't get what you're talking about, i can look to the ground and get 150 FPS and come here saying i get 150 FPS and i aint gonna be lying.

We are talking about consistently getting 60 FPS in let's say a 30 min gaming session on a populated servers and in both forest and cities.

this

I get 40-90 FPS during normal play on mostly max. settings. 120 is the highest I've hit so far.

What are your system specs and current graphics settings?

Are you using any startup parameters?

Have you modified your DayZ.cfg at all?

your numbers are similar to the OP's though. his point (I think) was about those that claim they can maintain over 60fps in this game. you admit you drop to 40. he says 30

framerate discussions can be very frustrating because so many people are basically used to bragging about their computer's performance

framerate discussions can be very frustrating because so many people are basically used to bragging about their computer's performance

i know right ?

There's nothing wrong with 40 FPS in an RV game though. IMO that's perfectly playable and I'm someone who generally prefers to have their games running at 100+ FPS.

Why not just post your graphics settings etc. like I suggested and see if we can buy you a few extra FPS with as little decline in graphical fidelity as possible?

There's nothing wrong with 40 FPS in an RV game though. IMO that's perfectly playable and I'm someone who generally prefers to have their games running at 100+ FPS.

Why not just post your graphics settings etc. like I suggested and see if we can buy you a few extra FPS with as little decline in graphical fidelity as possible?

he's not really complaining about the framerate. he's complaining about those that act like "there must be something wrong with your computer" if you can't maintain 60fps in this game

which launch parameters and dayz.cfg settings do you think would help?

This game is NOT optimized for client performance.  At all.  Server performance and security is more important right now.

he's not really complaining about the framerate. he's complaining about those that act like "there must be something wrong with your computer" if you can't maintain 60fps in this game

which launch parameters and dayz.cfg settings do you think would help?

These are mine. Edit them according to your specs...

-cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -maxvram=3072 -maxmem=8192 -nopause -high

-xp will force the game to render in DX9, that should improve performance significantly if you feel that you need the boost.

As for config tweaks, these are essential...

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

I'm not sure why they haven't been made default yet.

I mean, you aren't going to double your frame rate with these or anything, but you should notice a difference.

This game is NOT optimized for client performance.  At all.  Server performance and security is more important right now.

Indeed, it's not. That will come much later in development.

Edited by Mos1ey

Mirin zyzz avi

As to your question the arma engine is known for being clunky and slow so welcome to the club.

Edited by Frell

You have 30 fps in the cities, why are you complaining. I would love 30 fps.

I'd love 30 fps outside of cities! :D I'd love 20+ fps anywhere :D :D

I get 60 fps. On a laptop.

Deal with it.

I'm getting spasms now.....

These are mine. Edit them according to your specs...

-cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -maxvram=3072 -maxmem=8192 -nopause -high

-xp will force the game to render in DX9, that should improve performance significantly if you feel that you need the boost.

As for config tweaks, these are essential...

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

I'm not sure why they haven't been made default yet.

I mean, you aren't going to double your frame rate with these or anything, but you should notice a difference.

Indeed, it's not. That will come much later in development.

what does "-high" do?

and doesn't the game render in dx9 regardless?

what does "-high" do?

and doesn't the game render in dx9 regardless?

The same as going into task manager, right-clicking the DayZ process and assigning it high priority.

Nope, pretty sure it runs in DX11.

Nope, pretty sure it runs in DX11.

Arma 2 and DayZ are DX9. there's no question about that

as far as I can see, there's no "-xp" or "-high" parameter

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Startup_Parameters

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters

there is this:

-winxp: use it in Vista/Windows 7 to enable multi-GPU support (Arma2)

edit: and

Forces the game to use Direct3D version 9 only, not the extended Vista / Win7 Direct3D 9Ex

Edited by daze23

Badass machine here.  People just love to brag about their FPS.  What the didnt tell you is they set everything to low and use 16 bit color.  I have found on almost maxed settings that I get about a good 40 FPS outside of towns.  Looking at the sky will go over 100 with vsync off.  Cities will hover at about 20fps and sometimes dip to 18fps depending on whats going on.