Sign in to follow this  
martyb

Saying Hey

Hey fowks,

My names marty, I have been put onto this game by a friend in work and after 10 mins of researching I am completely hooked.

I will be getting it when I finish work tonight.

Am i right in saying i can get standalone from steam then simply start playing once steam has installed it?

Hope to be on verrrryyy soon!

• Like 3

Welcome.

Yes, when the game is installed from Steam, you can play it right away.

When you enter the game, press "change server", and be sure to then press the "internet" button in the top left.

This will make sure you can see all of the servers. It is defaulted to only search for LAN servers for some reason.

Welcome!

If you need someone to teach you how to play or want to play with some other people you can just scroll down or try few of these threads (underneath) but assuming your playing with a friend he will guide you.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/157582-willing-to-help-new-players-learn-dayz-us/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/157208-team-up-18/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156841-team-up/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/157303-looking-to-teamup/

Yeah, it's literally download and play.

Good luck & have fun!

Sure, but you must know what you're going to do in the game.

Read posts, watch videos...(Specially DayZ Mod videos).

Welcome to the community.

Thanks for the quick responses already.

My friend unfortunately doesnt have the game but was told about it himself then in conversation brought it up.

I am trying to do my research as much as possible before I jump in later tonight.

It seems to be an almost perfect game for myself.

I love how purely online games of this type can show how people would respond on this situation, ie teaming up for the greater good or criminal activitys such as robbing each other and murder.

I cant believe how iv missed this game soo far.

Currently trying to youtube videos on my phone with a poor signal this could be a long day haha.

Thanks everyone as soon as i get my username ill put it on for anyone willing to add. :)

Well while you're doing your research - I'm sure that you're aware already but we're currently very early in development, which means there are still a lot of bugs the vast majority of content is still to be added.

Here is the warning that comes with the game...

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Well while you're doing your research - I'm sure that you're aware already but we're currently very early in development, which means there are still a lot of bugs the vast majority of content is still to be added.

Here is the warning that comes with the game...

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Yeah, it's worth re-iterating this - the game DayZ is going to be is not the game it is right now.

At the moment, it's largely incomplete, it's buggy, and there's not enough to do, meaning a lot of players are killing time by uh... well, killing. :p

It's going to be hard, it's going to be brutal, it's going to be frustrating and you're going to die an awful lot, sometimes without even knowing what you did wrong. If that doesn't sound like your idea of fun (and who could blame you!), maybe waiting might be better. If you like a challenge and don't mind dealing with bugs, frequent character losses and so on, then welcome aboard! :)

I dont mind being apart of the game while it progresses.

Although for someone completely new to the series of games would you recommend starting with the orginal game?

That requires a bit more complicated install am i right?

Welcome to the wonderful world of DayZ.

I learnt a lot by watching streams on Twitch and watching videos on Youtube. But I have spent most of my time just wondering around and trying to work out things by Myself. I have no clue where any of the cities or military camps are, I just come across them and after scouting for a bit will venture down and see if there is anything worth taking.

For me priority starts with finding a weapon, preferably an axe as you can hit zombies with these and kill in 1-2 hits. If no axe then a baseball bat, spade will do but sometimes will only knock out the Zombie.

After finding a weapon I try and get as much food and liquid as possible.

Once I have enough supplies I will then venture out to try and find a gun, then it is just a matter of survival.

Have fun.

Just play SA and get used to the game as it is now with the weapons that are ingame atm. You will get the hang of the game after a few deaths  :P

Im really looking forward to getting home and playing SA. I noticed some of the screenshots have vaired extremely in terms of quality does it require alot to run a high spec resolution and graphic output?

Hey, you should be working and not writing on videogame forums! :beans:

ha ha i have been bugging my friend at work to get this game aswell he is going to get it tommorow. You will not be dissapointed just install press play and enjoy.

Well guys i have been playing for the last hour and a half, unfortunately no luck has came my way in my first 2 spawns.

First time i ran for 45 mins straight ahead through trees before finding a petrol station that had been completely looted and ended up dying of starvation.

2nd attempt i came across 3 lovely gents who began to ask me to strip, shoot me then bandage me and then 3 of them punched me until i was unconcious.

I couldnt even find out how to punch back lol

I need to do more research i think. haha

• Like 1

Well guys i have been playing for the last hour and a half, unfortunately no luck has came my way in my first 2 spawns.

First time i ran for 45 mins straight ahead through trees before finding a petrol station that had been completely looted and ended up dying of starvation.

2nd attempt i came across 3 lovely gents who began to ask me to strip, shoot me then bandage me and then 3 of them punched me until i was unconcious.

It will come, you will learn something new every time you die. For example this time you will learn how to punch first.

That is probably the weirdest robbing in DayZ I've ever heard of.

That is probably the weirdest robbing in DayZ I've ever heard of.

Yes your certainly correct there. I was curious if time spent bandaging increased a xp of some sort. Now knowing it doesnt, It does seem very strange.

Anyways iv made a few changes to the settings and filtered the servers. Im now in a multiplay with 38/40 players.

I dont know if it being a multiplay server this changes anything because i have noticed drastic changes since starting in this.

The amount of items now appearing to be about is massive in comparisson to any of the servers i was on before.

I have managed to gather myself some decent clothing, an axe, food, water, and even some slug shells but unfortunatlely no real weapon yet.

I have came across only 1 of the 38 at the time. we both appeared to have similar equipment and turned from each other.

I live on! :)

However i dont have a clue where the hell I am, seem to be amongst alot of farmland fairly high up terrain with a old steelworks sort of building which has a car wreckage at the side, if anyone knows where I am?

I will be returning to this game later tonight possibly.

How do i go about adding friends?