Sign in to follow this  
Ravenna

servers and characters

Hello, i m kinda new here, i installed the game yesterday :P i have being playing this morning on a GB server and got myself some weapons and ammo (and they missmatch :S) but anyhow, i logged out and then i logged into another server and my character was fresh new, i thought some1 killed me while entering the world or something, but then i re entered the other server and had everything and i was on the spot i left that very same server....

so the question is.... each server saves a character wich is different from other server? i can die on a server and still keep my other char on the other server?

Welcome on the coast fellow scavenger :)

On the mod, most of the current servers are running on a "private hive", that means a dedicated database that is not shared between servers.

May be you can search to find a "public hive" server, but I don't think there is many of it still running... On a public hive server, all the stuff on your character will be shared on all other public hive servers (but not the vehicules or tents)

On the SA, IMHO,all the servers are currently running on public hive.

Edited by matiman
  • Like 1

im playing on SA (i should have said it :P ) and yes atm they are all public (or thats what i've found so far) but i entered on a GB server and i have all my goodies meanwhile while entering on ES server i had a fresh new char, so thats the question :P whats going on hehe 

From what I've read/experienced - "Key player data is persistent across all servers." according to their Steam page. I would have said that you ran into the ol' Random character reset bug, but if you retained everything on another server...perhaps that server actually runs a "private hive". You could find the exact server name and I could maybe try it.

Edited by THE WUMPUS