etherfreeze

DayZ Item Use Compendium

Chernarus Map Parts and Combinations:

Chernarus NW + Chernarus NE = Chernarus N Map

Chernarus NE + Chernarus SE = Chernarus E Map

Chernarus SE + Chernarus SW = Chernarus S Map

Chernarus NW + Chernarus SW = Chernarus W Map

Chernarus N + Chernarus E + Chernarus W + Chernarus S = Chernarus Map

Maps I have found so far came in quarter and half pieces (ie Chernarus NE or SW as well as Chernarus S or E) not sure if complete maps are also in the loot tables. I am also unsure wether you can combine an N Map with an SE map for 3/4 map coverage.

Awesome tidbit. I had no idea you could combine the fragments (hence the point of this thread). Now I wish I kept the ones I came across. :p

Do you have to have all four cardinal maps to combine them? I could not combine an E and a SW or a SE and SW.

Added clothing.

Do you have to have all four cardinal maps to combine them? I could not combine an E and a SW or a SE and SW.

Will have to do some testing on this to confirm.

i have managed to use the portable gas lamp fine. it didnt work in my hands, but i set it down then switched it on, and it worked, lit up the top 2 floors of the fire station tower, perhaps more.

naturally i turned it on and ran away lol

The helmet found at military buildings is called ballistic helmet. The tactical vest (black only) and the uk assault vest "insert color here ( i know of black & olive)" both offer 6 slots

Add tan (not sure if available in other colors) tactial shirt, combat & military boots & TTsKO pants (offers 6 slots) Can't check how much space the use in the inventory right know ;)

Edited by thejokerr

i have managed to use the portable gas lamp fine. it didnt work in my hands, but i set it down then switched it on, and it worked, lit up the top 2 floors of the fire station tower, perhaps more.

naturally i turned it on and ran away lol

Oh wow, I guess I just tried holding it in my hands? I'll have to try setting it down.

The helmet found at military buildings is called ballistic helmet. The tactical vest (black only) and the uk assault vest "insert color here ( i know of black & olive)" both offer 6 slots

Add tan (not sure if available in other colors) tactial shirt, combat & military boots & TTsKO pants (offers 6 slots) Can't check how much space the use in the inventory right know ;)

Thanks, will update.

T-shirts don't provide slots. Shirts (the long sleeved button up ones) provide 2 slots. 

Cargo pants provide the same amount as hunter pants.

Backpacks

Taloon Backpack - 25

Hunting Backpack - 30

Mountain Backpack - 35 (I've seen it in blue, green, red, and orange)

Edited by Peanuted

T-shirts don't provide slots. Shirts (the long sleeved button up ones) provide 2 slots. 

Cargo pants provide the same amount as hunter pants.

Backpacks

Taloon Backpack - 25

Hunting Backpack - 30

Mountain Backpack - 35 (I've seen it in blue, green, red, and orange)

Yes, but they take up slots. I want to have slots they provide vs slots they take up (if you decide to put them in your bag instead of putting them on.

Edited by etherfreeze

Also Vitamins if u use them there is less chance of getting sick from 'dirty' water or rotten fruit. I think. correct me if i am wrong.

Military Helmet (name check for the helmet you find at military bases?)

Ballistic helmet - takes up 4 slots, protects from projectiles (unconfirmed)

Mouth

Gas Mask - protects against harmful pollutants (use not implemented as far as I know)

Respirator - protect against inhaling harmful dusts, fumes, vapors, or gases (use not implemented as far as I know)

Dallas mask - takes up 2 slots

Hoxton - takes up 2 slots

Wolf masks - takes up 2 slots

Chest

T-shirt - can be torn into rags. 2 slots.

Hoodie - provides 4 slots. takes up (?) slots.

Raincoat - provides 4 slots. takes up (?) slots.

Tactical shirt - provides 4 slots, takes up 2 slots.

TTsKO Jacket - provides 6 slots, takes up 4 slots.

Vest - (confirm name of vest that is currently available, item slots, and how much space it takes up?)

UK Assault vest - Provides 8 slots, takes 6 slots.

Legs

Jeans - provides 4 slots. takes up (?) slots.

Cargo Pants - provides (?) slots. takes up (?) slots.

Hunter Pants - provides 6 slots. takes up (?) slots.

Cargo Pants - provides 6 slots, takes up 4 slots.

Hunter Pants - provides 6 slots, takes up 4 slots.

TTsKO Pants - provides 6 slots, takes up 4 slots.

Feet

Working Boots/Shoes

Leather Shoes

Military Boots

Combat Boots

Great topic! Good reference to see what people are finding, and what items were implemented yet!

My contribution:

9v Battery also attaches to the defibrilator. It doesn't work if you don't have it, so I think it's good info to put there. Happened to me te first time I found it, kept trying to use it without battery and thought it was bugged =p

Duct tape should go over "not yet determined".

Vest:

Tactical vest - provides 8 slots, not sure how many it takes (never really put in my bag)

Weapons:

M4A1

Mosin Nagant

FNX45 pistol

Ammo I've found so far:

.45 ACP

Shotgun buckshot

Shotgun slug

5.56 - if boxed, 20 units

7.62 - if boxed, 20 units

Mags I've found so far:

5.56 small - 10 ammo

5.56 medium - 20 ammo

5.56 regular - 30 ammo

5.56 large - 40 ammo

5.56 double mag (2 regular attached to each other) - 60 ammo

FNX 45 mag - 15 .45 rounds

Weapon attachments:

Magpul handguard

RIS handguard

Weapon flashlight

ACOG - 4x scope

T3N RDS - 1x red dot

BUIS sight

Magpul stock

CQB Stock

Silencer

M9A1 Bayonet

ATLAS Bipod

Mosin Bayonet

Long Range Scope

Melee I've found so far:

Fire extinguisher

Firefighter axe

Splitting axe

Screwdriver

Kitchen knife

Wrench (not sure if a melee)

Pliers (not sure if a melee)

Plumber wrench

Containers (storage units for items which increase carrying capacity)

Medikit: takes up 4 space, provides 6 spaces for med supplies

Ammo box: takes up 4 space, provides 6 spaces for ammo (not mags). If you throw it in the ground, offers 12 ammo slots (may be bugged)

Small protector case: takes up 4 space and provides 6 slots to guard whatever items you want. Items inside this case wont get damaged overtime or in case you get shot

Edited by KevlarBR

There are several vests every vest provides 8 slots and takes 6 slots.

Tactical Vest

"Constructed using heavy-duty fabrics, this tactical vest can be adjusted at the waist and consists of a number of pouches designed to hold everything a soldier requires."

• Black

UK assault vest

"Constructed using heavy-duty fabrics, this fully adjustable tactical vest consists of a number of pouches designed to hold everything a soldier needs to survive for days."

• Black
  • DPM Camo
  • Khaki
  • Olive

Anti-stab vest

"A standard vest worn by Police that consists of several layers of woven para-aramid fibers which are capable of reducing the impact of knife attacks."

• Black

Ballistic vest

"A lightweight, hard-plate reinforced vest offering full torso protection that is able to absorb impact from both small calibre projectiles, fragments and knife attacks."

• Black

Blue Press vest

"Designed to provide media representatives with distinctive and comprehensive protection. Ideal for extended use in higher risk environments. Utility and mobile phone pockets included."

•  Blue
Edited by admiral23

Pristine running shoes when worn make the player run faster.

If you see a wooden stump and hit it with an axe several times it will fall over to its side(I think this is the animation for us to collect wood on these stumps)

Defibrillator (Believe its two slots)

Also Vitamins if u use them there is less chance of getting sick from 'dirty' water or rotten fruit. I think. correct me if i am wrong.

Yes, I found some myself and have been taking them periodically though I wasn't sure of the exact results.

Great topic! Good reference to see what people are finding, and what items were implemented yet!

My contribution:

9v Battery also attaches to the defibrilator. It doesn't work if you don't have it, so I think it's good info to put there. Happened to me te first time I found it, kept trying to use it without battery and thought it was bugged =p

Duct tape should go over "not yet determined".

Vest:

Tactical vest - provides 8 slots, not sure how many it takes (never really put in my bag)

Weapons:

M4A1

Mosin Nagant

FNX45 pistol

Ammo I've found so far:

.45 ACP

Shotgun buckshot

Shotgun slug

5.56 - if boxed, 20 units

7.62 - if boxed, 20 units

Mags I've found so far:

5.56 small - 10 ammo

5.56 medium - 20 ammo

5.56 regular - 30 ammo

5.56 large - 40 ammo

5.56 double mag (2 regular attached to each other) - 60 ammo

FNX 45 mag - 15 .45 rounds

Weapon attachments:

Magpul handguard

RIS handguard

Weapon flashlight

ACOG - 4x scope

T3N RDS - 1x red dot

BUIS sight

Magpul stock

CQB Stock

Silencer

M9A1 Bayonet

ATLAS Bipod

Mosin Bayonet

Long Range Scope

Melee I've found so far:

Fire extinguisher

Firefighter axe

Splitting axe

Screwdriver

Kitchen knife

Wrench (not sure if a melee)

Pliers (not sure if a melee)

Plumber wrench

Containers (storage units for items which increase carrying capacity)

Medikit: takes up 4 space, provides 6 spaces for med supplies

Ammo box: takes up 4 space, provides 6 spaces for ammo (not mags). If you throw it in the ground, offers 12 ammo slots (may be bugged)

Small protector case: takes up 4 space and provides 6 slots to guard whatever items you want. Items inside this case wont get damaged overtime or in case you get shot

Thanks. Forgot the Duct Tape.

Pristine running shoes when worn make the player run faster.

If you see a wooden stump and hit it with an axe several times it will fall over to its side(I think this is the animation for us to collect wood on these stumps)

Defibrillator (Believe its two slots)

Didn't know that about the running shoes. Will have to try it out.

There is also a really nice Wiki, you can find everyinformation in there you need ;)

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/DayZ_Standalone_Wiki

http://dayzdb.com/guides

I found the wiki after making the post, I didn't realize that they would update the old DayZ wiki for standalone. Definitely a good resource. I want this thread to be a bit more about explicit with information on every item and how to use them, for new players and players like myself who want to learn more about the game, despite being able to survive perfectly fine.

Portable gas lamps do work, they're amazing.

Do they only work in buildings? I've tried setting them outside in the dark and they only make it darker if anything. 

What a pointless list.

Can you be more specific? Do you think something like this wouldn't be useful, do you feel like the information is all covered by the wiki, or does it not apply to you personally?

Thanks for all the input everyone. I will get around to a big update with all the info you guys posted later in the day.

cargo pants and hunting pants both have 6 slot just cargo pants are one solid color as hunting pants/corps/tsosk pants are all multicolored

Magpul handguard (Olive)

I currently have this on my M4 and love it. Hopefully they add more camo parts for the modular weapons.