Sign in to follow this  
DrinkZ

DrinkZ is a more appropriate name

This game should be renamed to DrinkZ.

The game uses a true 24 hour clock yet our characters need to drink an entire soda every 5-10 minutes!?!? That's dumb and at this rate our characters will all die of kidney failure or diabetes before ever being killed by a zombie. This needs to be adjusted because it sure as hell isn't realistic. Dean is going for realism and this sure isn't how to go about it. I could see needing a drink maybe every hour or so but not 5 minutes after drinking an entire can of soda or juice.

I spawned in for my first time and within just a few minutes my character was wanting a drink so I took a drink of soda that I found. He drank the entire thing! Not even 10 minutes later he was bugging me about being thirsty so I drank another can. Not even 10 minutes later he wanted another drink. WTF is wrong with this guy? Does he have cotton mouth from too much weeds or is he tripling up on his blood pressure medication and it's making him dehydrated?

Anyways, this needs to be changed. Nobody needs 3 cans of drink in 20 minutes to survive. I've been a big fan of Dayz and even bought multiple copies of the Arma games so I could have several characters but I'm not going to play a drinking simulator especially when drinks aren't that abundant. Before anyone says it's an Alpha, I don't believe that this is a bug and it must be by design which is why I'm suggesting that it be changed. I know all about Alphas so don't bother explaining it to me.

Other than this complaint, I think the game is coming along nicely.

Yeah the drinking and eating....

I personally find it a bit much maybe I'm just to used to the mod...

Your problem is that soda doesn't help thirst.

You use soda for hunger (calories i guess)

• Like 1

Just keep drinking until it says you're full. You won't have to drink nearly as often.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Much appreciated. Maybe we'll get some sort of manual for these things eventually.

Just find a water pump and keep drinking from it until you are no longer thirsty. While your there, if you have an empty Canteen or Water Bottle fill them up. The water from water pumps are already purified. No need to use water purification tablets. 

Edited by purplesatan

If you actually sit and drink to full ie the green message on both it takes quite a bit before you are hungry/thirsty again protip oranges remove a little thirst and hunger also help with being sick

It is a little out of whack with the 24 hour cycle. Food, especially. I drank 2 full canteens, and ate two of what appear to be 1 kilo bags of rice, 4 cans of spaghetti, and some non-rotten fruit in one sitting, and still didn't receive and message about being well fed, or my stomach being full, etc.

Tweaks will come.

I think its bugged because i have sat down and eaten a whole bag of rice and my hunger didn't move from orange. Same thing applies to thirst, a whole canteen and didn't it quench my thirst.

Make sure you don't have any diseases, again diseases don't show up in inventory screen if you don't treat it first. Here are couple examples of how to check for diseases:

- Zombie wounds must be treated with alcohol, after that you get disease in inventory screen if you have infection.

- If you are hungry or thirsty all the time, eat some charcoal tablets and disease will show up.

- Also antibiotics, vitamins will work for some diseases but its hard to figure out symptoms.

Biggest symptom i have seen in game, you sight (colors) starts to blink and character breaths heavily even when just standing. After taking the medication, you should rest a lot and avoid running long distances or disease might not cure.

Edited by Bezzi

It's going to get fixed soon, at least it's better than it was at release!

The longer you survive the less water and food you require. 

The moment you spawn you should find a pond, stream or pump and just soak yourself. Drink as much as you can untill the orange/yellow sign is gone.

Then you can go a long while, but then you need food.

What I do find weird is the indefenite running without me need to drink. I ran non-stop from Cherno to Elektro and didn't need a drink of need to rest. If i would do that in RL...:(