Sign in to follow this  
BushmasterTD

Base Building. Just an idea.

Seen a couple of threads pop up here and there about building bases and what not.  The other day i was wandering some random buildings in Stary and it dawned on me, what if instead of base building from scratch we could actually take up residence in the houses already in place?  More buildings have been opened up and i believe more and more will be added.  So wouldn't it be a good idea to actually be able to board up windows, add stashes, add locks for the doors and numerous other things so the base building could actually be the houses already in the game.  Just seems practical that a survivor in this setting would want to fortify a position such as an abandoned house instead of taking the time or resources to build a shanty.

Thoughts?

Yeah i guess so but then we may have a supplies epidemic with every 2nd house boarded up and owned by some one.

Edited by Aussie Bogan

I think bases need to be in the game eventually but using houses makes it so easy to server hop into.

Congratulations !! Your thread is the 1,000,000th thread about bases on this forum. You win a rotten banana 

Edited by Gdaddy22

AWESOME!  Ate a rotten banana once, and almost hurled so not thanks.

Just thinking this way would save server resources.  The issue with loot would have to be where certain buildings would not be able to be "taken" for bases, i.e; Stores. fire stations, hospitals and buildings of that sort.  

Yea building bases would be great.

I'am just waiting for the camping, hunting, and food growing feature.. 

I feel ya, just a random thought i had while playing and scavenging over the past few days.

Yea building bases would be great.

I'am just waiting for the camping, hunting, and food growing feature.. 

so am i! :D . im pretty sure theyre going to add some sort of base building like in epoch , but i would like to have a lock of some sort.(bikecyclelock) that would be cool

I'm pretty back and forth on the idea of base building.  I did not mind it whilst I built bases in epoch made it fun some of the time, but I did not like the idea of players dying just to run back to a base repeatedly. 

True, the idea of players dying just to run back to their base is kinda goofy and could become a pain.  But it seems now if the devs do not go over board with the loot this shouldnt be too big a problem.  I mean when i found a can opener this morning i actually felt like i accomplished something lol.  So hopefully loot will stay pretty rare as more and more things are added and when you die and lose some stuff it actually feel like you lost something and dont have the mindset of oh well i will just go grab another.