Sign in to follow this  
phisher34

Walking with weapon out makes you tired within 100m.

I'm assuming this is a bug and not a feature, but if you walk with an M4 out (not aimed) you will start losing your breath after 100m or so.

You can actually catch your breath by then jogging with the weapon on your back.

Interesting...

(Perhaps we need to consult with the Dayz Mythbusters team) ;)

Mechanically, it would take a little more work for your body to carry the rifle in your arms, but not to this degree.

running around with a rifle at low ready is bitch, we had to do exercises so we could work our arms to get used to it´s weight. 100m in a none apocalypse world yeah is too short of a run. But our case we been scaveging for some time, lack of nutrition and so on you would get tired.

I am sure they are still tweaking all these kinds of things but you gotta imagine, I have played a lot of serious airsoft and even those guns can get tiring to hold up for a 100m jog - especially without a strap.

Try it - jog 100m with roughly 5lbs in your hands and tell me you don't start 'losing your breathe'

I took this as a suggestion to keep my weapon on my back until I need it. Also, helps people running away from an axe wielding maniac because the guy with the axe gets tired quicker.

I rather enjoy having nothing in my hands 90% of the time.

I'm pretty sure that this is a feature.

Actually it doesn't this considering this said "feature" happens rested or not. Also of note is the rifles in my avatar aren't being used in conjunction with a sling whereas the ones on DayZ all have slings whether they are being rendered or not this can be seen when it is switched out of your "hands". This means that if i have the weapons with the sling it should definitely not tire me out after 100m  m4s(the ones in my avatar are old Vietnam era and earlier m-14s with wood trim which is much heavier hence the need for them to practice with it with out a sling) are noted for their lightweight and usability this is why most love them.

Also to expound on this if it is a said feature give us a 3-point sling or 1-point sling so we can have our rifles in low ready with out the great fatigue that is being used now when they are. You also have to imagine that after this time someone would get used to the weight of their rifle pretty easily especially as i said one as lightweight as an M4. I know from my experience after a few woods walks and hunts the weight of my JLD(pre-ptr-91) HK91 clone was easy to overcome and this is a much heavier rifle than an M4 is by comparsion.

Edited by Raven-Actual

Gonna have to agree that this needs to be tweaked then if it's a feature.

Having gone on plenty of "wood walks" and road marches with a rifle at the low ready, less than 100m is laughable before getting winded. If you can't walk 100m with a rifle, how the hell can you jog many kilometers with it on your back?

Really, you should be able to walk indefinitely in this game with the rifle at the low ready.

I guess Rocket disagreed with you guys. I actually like that you have to stow a weapon in DayZ. People do it in real life because it's easier to carry, but you feel nothing in video games, so they had to amplify the discomfort to get you into a realistic behavior. Sure, it can be tweaked a bit, but the idea is solid.

• Like 1

You "stow" it via a sling bro that same sling still applies when you go in low ready hence the discomfort you would have would be a minimal increase in comparison to it being stowed on your back using the same said sling.

I guess Rocket disagreed with you guys. I actually like that you have to stow a weapon in DayZ. People do it in real life because it's easier to carry, but you feel nothing in video games, so they had to amplify the discomfort to get you into a realistic behavior. Sure, it can be tweaked a bit, but the idea is solid.

Keep in mind were talking about walking. Not jogging. Not sprinting.

Walking in this game is rightfully a very slow pace.

Stowing a weapon makes perfect sense if you are traveling or jogging. Not if I am walking down a street ready to collapse from exhaustion

• Like 1

You "stow" it via a sling bro that same sling still applies when you go in low ready hence the discomfort you would have would be a minimal increase in comparison to it being stowed on your back using the same said sling.

I would rather see a sling attachment for some kind of bonus.

I know how it works in real life. I just like the idea of rewarding putting away your weapon. We're not fighting a war, we're surviving an apocalypse.

Keep in mind were talking about walking. Not jogging. Not sprinting.

Walking in this game is rightfully a very slow pace.

Stowing a weapon makes perfect sense if you are traveling or jogging. Not if I am walking down a street ready to collapse from exhaustion

Sorry I shouldn't have included you in my previous post. I agree about walking, it needs to be tweaked. Also, vaulting over a 2 ft fence shouldn't put you out of breath.

Then as it would stand adding a sling attachment the entire system would have to be reworked as all guns spawn with one attached currently(i'm not saying i'm against this i like the idea of different types of slings with various bonuses as i stated adding them in a previous post). This would also mean if you want to switch to another item you would have to put your firearm on the ground in most cases as it would not be able to be stored on your back with out a sling of some sort.

Gonna have to agree that this needs to be tweaked then if it's a feature.

Having gone on plenty of "wood walks" and road marches with a rifle at the low ready, less than 100m is laughable before getting winded. If you can't walk 100m with a rifle, how the hell can you jog many kilometers with it on your back?

Really, you should be able to walk indefinitely in this game with the rifle at the low ready.

well said march and not a slow jog. specially with all the gear on your back. even with the rifle on back is pain in the butt. Now the logic of " if cant carry one that long, much less on your back" is off slinging it on your back cutts the weight....