Sign in to follow this  
meshcarver

Don't keep asking for CHANGES because...

Tell me' date=' why not add new features? New items? New things.[/quote']

Because it's the first rule of good game design. (The second being, 'nobody likes an ideas guy'.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_creep

A well rounded, bug-free and fitting feature is always better than 10 features slapped together.

Whenever someone says to add more 'things' (The three most common offenders in almost any genre are weapon, skins, and levels / maps) you can be sure that they haven't thought the idea through. You should never be asking, 'What else can I put in the game to make it fun?' You should ask, 'What else does this game need?'

Shogun: Total War was awesome, Shogun: Total War 2 was awesome, the expansions and DLC add content to the game which is awesome (ArmaA has done it with PMC and BAF packs, they don't add anything truly core into the game except more toys and skins to play with but its fun). Looks like that article is a load of shit.

If you've really played the original Shogun: Total War, then you'd know that at best you could call it a flawed masterpiece, and at worst you could call it a broken clusterfuck.

Regardless, Feature Creep can be controlled well. But with a small team, it's impossible to maintain.

Duncan, Guttenberg and Viktor, yes that's almost exactly what I meant, thank you.

There are a LOT of knee jerk reactions around here aren't there!

I'll stay out these forums from now on.

Of course I never said LEAVE IT ALONE AS IT IS!

They can and should add lots of improvements, but to start to tinker with the finely tuned CORE of this game would be only damaging IMHO.

Anyway, enjoy it!