nordstage

Idea for caring about your life.

Say you, when you die, lose not only the gear on you but all stashed items in the future bases/tents/vehicles/etc. I think it makes sense as well since the "new you" have no idea where the stuff of your dead character is anyway.

In this way we get around the whole "perks/skills"-system that some of you feel reluctant to implement.

About the stashed items, wouldn't your friends just retrieve it and then transfer it over to you?

• Like 1

No. Sorry has been discussed. 

BUT

Skills. rocket has the idea of skills in his head. Not in a gamey fashion at all, with green bars and *ding* sounds. Just that yocould be able to perform actions better/faster if you have done them quite a few times. This will make the player value his characters life instead of just his stuff.

Here you go, this streamer talks of the idea. 

Rocket is thinking about something "like" this. But no HUD and gamey stuff like that. You wont get any *ding* "You have leveled up! You can now do X/Y!" It will be more subtle. Like after fixing many many different car parts you might be able to do it better/faster or fine tune car parts. This is later in development though. Also this is second hand info so it may not be exactly like what I say or what the guy says.

I hate to promote streamers and the like but this guy got some time alone with Rocket and got a load of Questions in.
http://el.twitch.tv/...iel/b/393773349 and skip to 2:07:30 an watch from that point. Or 2:09:25 for the exact Question. Question ends at 2:14:00 There's tons of goodies in there although its second hand and not very reliable as to its accurateness.
Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 1

That would be unfair to other players, when the owner of the base or a car dies, it would be good for other people to be able to take his stuff, but if it  just dissapears after the owner dies, it's kinda a dick move

Edited by Gdaddy22

About the stashed items, wouldn't your friends just retrieve it and then transfer it over to you?

Details could be discussed. What about the items just instantly vanishing when you die?

In a way, you already do. Dying causes you to respawn randomly, which means that by the time you get back to your stash, it may have been found.

But otherwise, I am not in favor of any hard-coded punishments like this. There are too many issues with deleting a tent/etc. What happens when multiple players make use of the same tent? What happens when you raid a camp to steal someone's loot, only to have it all disapear in front of your face?

EDIT: Even just deleting items, and not tents/stashes, how do you track the ownership of the item? And this still results in fruitless attacks on player bases.

Edited by louist

That would be unfair to other players, when the owner of the base or a car dies, it would be good for other people to be able to take his stuff, but if it's just dissapear after the owner dies, it's kinda a dick move

Well, regarding bases, I don't know the details of how it will work, but assuming we will do it Wasteland-style, why not just leave the buildings but kill all items?

In a way, you already do. Dying causes you to respawn randomly, which means that by the time you get back to your stash, it may have been found.

But otherwise, I am not in favor of any hard-coded punishments like this. There are too many issues with deleting a tent/etc. What happens when multiple players make use of the same tent? What happens when you raid a camp to steal someone's loot, only to have it all disapear in front of your face?

Damn it. Pretty much debunks my thought. Thanks for ruining my evening  :P!

I guess we are back to skills/giant beards/braids (for female characters).

Skills are probably the best idea so far, not a typical MMO skills where you gain +10 to Strenght, skills like crafting, hunting, repairing, being able to stay stealthier when crawling around zombies etc

Edited by Gdaddy22

Eeeerm..What would be the point of a base/tents then? That's what its all about, get a gear stash it in case you need it sometime else or if you die and loose the gear you currently got on ya..

That would be unfair to other players, when the owner of the base or a car dies, it would be good for other people to be able to take his stuff, but if it  just dissapears after the owner dies, it's kinda a dick move

Which is why I say it should be "Locked" to that player and wiped on the next restart/within 3 days/something like that, meaning if you shoot the owner you can go loot, but it eventually disappears so you don't have 9 million tents all over every server.

Eeeerm..What would be the point of a base/tents then? That's what its all about, get a gear stash it in case you need it sometime else or if you die and loose the gear you currently got on ya..

The point would be that you have a focal point for storing food, water, etc in case of emergency/laziness (IE, you can make ONE run into Cherno to get morphine, pain killers, etc and stash it, and then stick to safe, small towns from there-on out, never needing to worry about medical supplies until your stash runs dry)