Sign in to follow this  
Sterling (DayZ)

Vehicles and Tents

Rocket created a thread titled "Confirmed Upcoming Features for DayZ." A great many things were talked about with estimated release dates (late 2013 and early 2014 being the common time table for most things), but some things that I personally deem exceptionally important, to where it should almost be a priority over most of the things listed on that thread, are not spoken of at all. The implementation of Vehicles and the incorporation of the Tent system being some of those things. 

• Like 2

I felt like that post he made was done while he was sitting in an airport with nothing to do so i would not take it too literal. I agree with you that these two things are fairly important for the structure of the game and i am sure that they are on the horizon ;). If we hang tight i am sure someone will ask him on twitter and we will get an answer.

• Like 1

Yeah. I'd like to get those added soon as posibble too. They give so much more content and stuff to do in game so theyr pretty important.

First they want stable servers before adding those of course.

I agree. Even if only bicycles, vehicles are a huge of DayZ and the game is not the same without them. As for tents, I think they should just add some method of storage such as a case/bag you could place down somewhere that would stay after restart. But, as sad as it is.... Alpha!

Yeah. I'd like to get those added soon as posibble too. They give so much more content and stuff to do in game so theyr pretty important.

First they want stable servers before adding those of course.

Yea that is a very good point. They already have zombie spawns turned down because there are alot of entities in the game world and they wanted to see how it would run. When you add tents and cars a lot more trouble could come. But again i am sure they are on the way

• Like 1

Alpha is struggling with what we have now spawning into the servers i can only imagine the headache of tents+ gear being saved/kept on servers. I do hope we see these features soon, From what i can gather the Alpha is testing core mechanics and vehicles and the likes are in the client files thier just not "switched on".

I almost like it without vehicles...

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but this is a really bad one.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 1

yeah, we just need some kind of container to stash stuff.

this adds a huge new (old) layer of gameplay that is greatly needed.

I almost like it without vehicles...

Me too, but i am one of the weird ones that likes getting around on foot. Vehicles are needed and i am glad they didn't just port over the hopeless wrecks from arma.

• Like 1