Sign in to follow this  
bookibaloush

Me and my friends left Dayz fully geared.. Came back everyone reseted

Is that normal? We are a group of 5 players and logged off in zelenogorsk togheter. We went back an hour and half later to find out all of our characters were reseted to the coast with no gear... What's up?

Idk...probably has something to do with the posts relating to character wipes.

Idk...probably has something to do with the posts relating to character wipes.

Well one of our friend logged and had his entire gear.. SO they wiped 4 of us and left one with gear?

I think it is server desync, me and my buddy logged off outside of Zelenogorsk, to come back in the morning to be in one of the buildings inside the town....

I think it is server desync, me and my buddy logged off outside of Zelenogorsk, to come back in the morning to be in one of the buildings inside the town....

So we gotta start over or wait?

there is no rhyme or reason. this game is alpha and you should never get attached to your gear. 

So we gotta start over or wait?

Start over.

There seems to be random character wipes. Not the end of the world, embrace it.

i swear im going to make a GIF of this some time

RULE 1 OF DAYZ

DON'T GET ATTACHED TO YOUR GEAR!

• Like 1

ALPHA.

I love how when someone has a problem, people just shout ALPHA while contributing absolutely nothing.

There are many reasons that your character could have been wiped, there has been an issue with random wipes that either stem from the dev team wanting to wipe for their own reasons, certain bugs that could occur, and there are times when you join a server that isn't properly connected to the hive, it deletes characters. As others have said, don't get attached to your gear as this isn't going to be the last time it will be wiped.

• Like 1

Number 1 rule of DayZ, which has been spread throughout the community since the release of DayZ Mod...

NEVER GET ATTACHED TO YOUR GEAR

Now take this piece of knowledge and spread it amongst your friends, and go gear up again.

• Like 1

there is no rhyme or reason. this game is alpha and you should never get attached to your gear. 

There is reason. Some servers are not white listed yet and do not save character progress. Also, if a server loses it's connection to the hive, your progress will be lost. rocket has commented on the issue.

NEVER GET ATTACHED TO YOUR GEAR

Just because I don't want to restart on the beach every time I play the game doesn't mean I'm overly "attached" to my gear. It's really hard to play with friends (or do anything at all, test or otherwise) when every time you login you're standing on the beach. These threads could really do with a little bit less of this asinine "advice."

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

This has happened to me a couple different times (only one being the dev team wipe).  Burritobandit has the right idea.  I believe that some servers may not save your progress, or desync could cause issues.  However, I think that switching servers too frequently (server surfing) may cause some of this too, but whether its a bug or dev implementation I don't know.

Looks like it happens only in Zele. Happend to me twice, both times in Zele too.

Yah, I am ashamed to admit that both times I lost well kitted characters was while excessively server hopping. Maybe it's a feature? In any case I wont be serving hopping anymore. I cant wait till they implement the timeouts. I hate being able to server hop. It's just there....and so convenient.  

A interesting note to make, both times that I lost my character data I spawned inland. As far as stary sabor. Maybe a dev can make a correlation to help with bug fixing.

Not just in Zel.... happend to me 2X in 2 days now just outside of Vybor. And I was not server hopping.  I logged out after playing for 3 or 4 hours to take a break, logged back in and wham...at the beach.