maer

When are the cars coming?

How is vehicle damage inappropriate for DayZ? You know the only thing more annoying than "new players" who come up with bad ideas from other games? Veterans who think any idea that didn't come from rocket is a bad one.

Vehicle degradation was already in DayZ mod. Why would having it visible be a bad thing?

Think for a second before you respond with asinine shit like this.

This is true. Visible damage would be very nice.

rocket said on twitter that vehicles were coming soon ! how soon is soon though? this was like a week ago.

I can't wait for the vechicles. I hope they add some rare vechicles aswell, like 1 tank per map, if they added RPGs to the game it can be possible.

Yeah me 2!!! ALso suggest that they add a killstreak bonus so you can call in an airstrike! 

Okay jk.

Just don't see that fitting into the game at all. You wouldn't even be able to operate a tank alone. 

Now if you add a tank as an object like heli crashes in the mod, with loot. And then make the spawn random. Now that would be something else. 

But I repeat. NO ONE should have a tank in DayZ

Hey guys wouldnt it be cool if there was some actual damage in the car? Like, if you crash, you get scratches and dents like in car games and GTA. Like this :

I hiiiighly doubt that will ever happen. They'd have to create an entirely new engine

rocket said on twitter that vehicles were coming soon ! how soon is soon though? this was like a week ago.

Must have missed that.. Could you find that for me? Can't seem to find it anywhere

I hiiiighly doubt that will ever happen. They'd have to create an entirely new engine

Maybe. But we cant be sure. I think scratches and little dents (not like in the picture) would be possible in the engine DayZ uses.

How is vehicle damage inappropriate for DayZ? You know the only thing more annoying than "new players" who come up with bad ideas from other games? Veterans who think any idea that didn't come from rocket is a bad one.

Vehicle degradation was already in DayZ mod. Why would having it visible be a bad thing?

Think for a second before you respond with asinine shit like this.

Maverico was talking about dings and bumps and bullet holes staying with the car based on exactly where it was hit which would be crazy with this engine from what little I know.

Personally I'd love if things other than the glass were visibly broken somehow, but I'd expect it to be based on different "states" of damage, and not specific to exactly how it got damaged.

Like the glass is in ArmA 2 basically. It has cracks and holes but it's indistinguishable.

_________

Breaking more specific parts would be nice though. Causing a fuel leak or busting the lights instead of breaking the "hull".

• Like 1

I can't wait for the vechicles. I hope they add some rare vechicles aswell, like 1 tank per map, if they added RPGs to the game it can be possible.

WTF ARE YOU THINKING!!!

Must have missed that.. Could you find that for me? Can't seem to find it anywhere

14:30

Why? Glass already breaks. How hard would it be to swap out other textures for damaged ones? Why would that necessitate a new engine?

Why? Glass already breaks. How hard would it be to swap out other textures for damaged ones? Why would that necessitate a new engine?

They'd need to implement something like soft body physics to have vehicle damage like GTA 4. It isn't anywhere near as easy as you think

If you just swap the normal car textures with damaged car textures, that would look incredibly silly

If you just swap the normal car textures with damaged car textures, that would look incredibly silly

Why? That's what they do with the broken windows. It works. I don't understand what would be silly about it. If you damage part of the car, it looks damaged. Have a few variations so it's not repetitive and it would work just fine.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

I Fucking hope not that they will add military vehicles with machine guns etc, just cars like buggy ones and off roads/regular one, and not alot. vehicles should be rare as fuck and be a key part.

Edited by flygamer1

I'd like to see lots of civilian ground vehicles and unarmed/unarmored military vehicles as long as passengers can shoot out of all vehicles with our handheld personal weapons.

Vehicle mounted machineguns on jeeps, pickups (technicals) should require crafting like: pedestal+mount+ammo can+beltfed mg+ wrench+vechicle= vechicle mounted weapon.