Sign in to follow this  
MrTryme

My issue with this game... Same as DayZ Mod.

In DayZ Mod, I would constantly die to someone after I put 4+ shots in to them. We would either both die, or somehow by the grace of god they survived and I died. 

I decided to give DayZ Game some playtime today. I was inside of a Barrack in Zelengorsk and my friend got killed out front. I stayed in the back watching the front door while leaning to my left. An enemy player came in to my line of sight, and I put two round in the center of his chest, he moved of my line of sight, and I stood strong in my position. He slow walked back in my view and I put three more rounds in him... He shot me "ONE" time, and I died..... He survived.

This has been my issue with DayZ Mod, and now is my issue with DayZ Game.

Discuss.

What gun? And he might have shot you in the head.

So far from what i've seen, the WW2 bolt action rifle (Forgot the name) kills in one shot

What gun? And he might have shot you in the head.

So far from what i've seen, the WW2 bolt action rifle (Forgot the name) kills in one shot

Mosin Nagant

I was using the m4, and all the shots hit in the chest.

5 Hits....... to the chest..... lol.

Edited by MrTryme

Early alpha access , I swong my axe at a guy taking water from a wellpump , I died . I trust in dayz Devs. :)

• Like 3

This...if it happened in both the mod and the SA it's possibly your connection. I've not had this problem at all

3181699313.png

Don't think that it is my connection.

Edited by MrTryme

I've had this problem in both DayZ mod and the standalone. I will get the drop on some enemy player shoot them probably 5 times in the back while they're dying they have time to turn around shoot me with a full mag before the lag catches up and kill me too. I had this happen to me earlier today on the standalone version, I snuck up behind a guy with a m4 hit in the back with my hatchet 4 times, he runs down the hallway in the barracks and meanwhile I am on top of him still swinging with my axe and hitting, blood is pouring off of him. He turns shoots one time down the hall of the barracks (at this point im outside of the barracks BEHIND HIM) and I get one shot knocked unconscious. Lag + DayZ = Bad

3181699313.png

Don't think that it is my connection.

then its them having high ping. if oyu have low, and they have high, they dont get the direct shots that you see. they see it as missing them

It happens. Instead of seeing this as a "omg I got screwed" moment, just change your perspective on it.. The other guy was hurt and his screen was probably grayed out and his crosshair may have been jumping around like crazy, but he still had the resolve to hit you with a lethal shot. He made a good play, and he put up a fight before he went down. "good fight" is the proper response to this.

I have the same thing happen, fix game. People blaming ping are retards. This isn't a split second issue, we're talking about significant amounts of time passing when the other player should be dead.

Edited by haarp
  • Like 1

Did he had vest on him?If did this might explain it all. And if you sticking your head out in building its pretty hard not to put 1 bullet in the eye.

I have the same thing happen, fix game. People blaming ping are retards. This isn't a split second issue, we're talking about significant amounts of time passing when the other player should be dead.

I really do not think that it is a ping issue. Not on my end anyways. I only connect to servers with a Ping of 60 or less, so I don't think that it the problem either.

I think it is a DayZ issue somehow. The entire fight lasted about 20 seconds, not a split second like you mentioned.

Filter servers by ping. Don't play on anything > 50.

That said, it's a networked game and will never be perfect.

In DayZ Mod, I would constantly die to someone after I put 4+ shots in to them. We would either both die, or somehow by the grace of god they survived and I died.

Discuss.

Aim_For_The_Head_by_Caretaker_of_Myth.jp

I prefer to spray full mag but get guaranteed headshot rather than take chances with chest shots. FNX45 is great as a backup if you are like me bad with sniper rifles up in close.

Where do we begin to deconstruct the potentially imagined slight to gaming prowess?  There are several potential reasons left unconsidered.  Bear in mind that I don't know you from Adam, you asked for the discussion and I have no agenda apart from education.

1.  As already commented upon, you shot him in the torso (are you sure ... another reason below) and he most likely capped you in the head for a one shot kill.

An M4 firing STANAG in the mod does 3555 damage per round against a soft target according to the DayZ DB comparison table and STANAG SD does significantly less at 2722.  Even in the mod it takes 4 dead hit non-SD rounds to drop an unarmoured player with 12000 health.  Pretty much any gunshot to an unprotected head results in a visit to the You Are Dead screen.

http://dayzdb.com/database/weapon-comparison

2.  You are certain you actually hit him in the chest?  Or is that just where you were aiming and presumed to hit.  In the heat of a close and sudden fight do you really pay enough attention to see?  Now here's the trick of it, considering you have a long standing complaint of dying in face-off exchanges.  Forget any internet hubris here and be honest.  We don't know you and can't see you, the only person you will cheat with dishonesty is yourself.

Many of the weapons in DayZ, as a legacy of ArmA 2 (on which the SA engine is based to remind everyone) have a default sight zeroing at a range of three hundred metres, a military default.  At the range you describe, within a barrack hut, you would be no more than TWENTY metres apart.

The sights in game don't entirely work like the real McCoy, because of several factors, such as fixed eye camera position, no ocular focussing or correctional simulation and so on.  The effect can be drastic at indoor CQB range, where you might have to aim at his knees to hit him in the chest with in game sights in an extreme example!

When I first started playing ArmA all those years ago I discovered why I was not hitting opponents at close range, on noticing bullet impacts on a wall behind a target.  I was not compensating for standard battle sight zeroing.

Also, rushed movement of weapons in the ArmA 2 engine leads to significant aim point offset and lag, which takes a second or two to settle.  Try waving a weapon around in SP ArmA 2 with crosshairs enabled, they lag wildly behind the sight centre until the weapon has been still for a second, the more drastic the movement, the more pronounced the offset and lag.  You won't see it in a default DayZ veteran server because the crosshairs are off by default.

3.  What was he wearing?  Early reports suggest that Tactical and UK vests offer ballistic protection and who knows what else does yet, we're a week into the alpha and nobody except the dev/test team know for sure.  In the mod the Hero skin offered damage protection and faster running speed.

4.  Ping is only the speed of the connection between the client and server and by no means the whole of the reliability story.  What the vast majority of gamers are either totally ignorant of, or completely forget to consider, is that performance of the server itself ... or even the client, no matter how powerful the PC ... can have a major impact on game mechanics.

You have a fast clear drive to the supermarket (ping) but there is an enormous queue inside because half the checkouts are unmanned (server performance) or the trolley provided is tiny and requires several trips round the store (game client).

This can be so true of DayZ, which can stagger down to almost standstill fps when spawning a wave of loot and zeds, or manipulating a cluster of closely set buildings.

So we can see, there are plenty of factors capable of deflating that potentially imagined slight to gaming prowess, perhaps reducing it to limp wishful thinking.  Nobody stands to lose anything here from these words, apart from ignoring them in the name of saving e-face, which will only be self-denial of a decent game experience and a valuable learning opportunity.

Edited by RN_Max