cadeudo

m4 before ak74

I wish i had your problems.

Edited by OntyCZE
  • Like 1

M4 is more modular, thus making it easy to implement/demonstrate the attachment system. AK's are more modular now, but are still limited (see fixed iron sights on older and more widespread variants).

Either way, as I've said many times, Chernarus is a fictional country, with fictional circumstances placed upon it (zombie apocalypse), operating in a fictional universe/canon (which features the presence of Western military organizations and/or fictional weapon circulation circumstances). Western weapons will be present and/or relatively commonplace in Chernarus. That's not to say that more pervasive Russian/Soviet-bloc weapons will not be the norm as well, but creative license provides for a measure of weapon diversity.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 3

They concentrated on the M4 because it has a lot of options for attachments making it a good test gun for getting everything working correctly.

• Like 1

I've heard rumors that Rocket is a replicant from the future and did things like this to troll players.

• Like 2

Because no matter how many Ak fan boys tell you otherwise, If you are creating a system to test modifications the AK especially the YUGO AKs you'd find in Chernarus wouldn't be ideal for testing that. Thus they went with the M4. To me i think a lot of people are hating on the M4 because of it historically being made by Colt and the US championing it(through all its early problems a lot to do with Colt and sub-par manufacturing from other companies in the civilian market as well), however US and most NATO m4s are made by FN now which makes a superior product in every way to Colt nowadays.

I'd honestly like to see them add in a Daniel Defense ar-15 and m4 variant my self and see them get branding on the rifles like Medal of Honor did since we are getting modular attachments. I also hope to see a G3/HK91/Cetme in DayZ because it is highly popular all over europe and middle eastern countries militias and special forces. 

Some ex-USSR countries already use M16 and M4, though less than H&K. Also many of East Europe countries use NATO standard ammo .

AK-74(5.45x39) though would be good to find in prison system, imho. I have heard, that dev's had plans about a prison.

Why did the m4 come before the ak74 ? Since its russian world.

IM pretty sure that Russian dident use westren weapon ?

M4 : http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_Carbine

Ak74 : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-74

Because the M4 was already done for the alpha release and they will slowly add more and more weapons after a while. They have more important things to do than weapons :)

Keep in mind, Rocket told us not to buy the game. He said its early early alpha and they only released now because riots would have taken place if they wouldnt.

Stay cool and wait :)

The best part of the game is NOW

(the phase when more and more stuff is being added)

Edited by =GS=Quobble

I want my AK too, but understand why m4 had to be in-game first. Patience. 

the reson  i ask is 1 i was wondring .2 i have seen it in e3 in january :)

the reson  i ask is 1 i was wondring .2 i have seen it in e3 in january :)

Some things made the cut and some things didn't. Rocket already said that they scaled back a lot of stuff, so they could make the Alpha release more stable. Patience young Padiwan, it will return soon :)

Edited by -seraphine-