Sign in to follow this  
Veracruz

Day Z Controls

Hi, so I tried the Arma 2 Mod and frankly I wasn't impressed by the controls, especially with things as simple as movement.

So I am curious if Day Z standalone has like... normal controls lol? Like W A S D for movement? Cuz yeah, not interested if it retained the crappy ARMA 2 Controls, but if its improved then I'm very interested.

yeah I dunno in ARMA 2 the controls are really quite  dumb, they expect people to use the Delete and End button to turn left and right... while somehow having another hand on W A S D to move and another hand on mouse to look around... I don't have 3 hands lol...

Edited by Veracruz

ummm WASD was always used for movement? the controls seem pretty "normal" to me

Yea i have to agree here WASD were the movement controls for the mod and arma. I find the controls to be easy to use. The only thing that really seems to tick people off is the use of "V" as the "JUMP" key which is not really a jump its a "VAULT" which is why its the "V" key lol. If you did not like how the mod played i would probably avoid the standalone.

uhmm.. You turn with the mouse.

None of us have 3 hands and it works just fine.

Not really sure what your on about here?

W and S were used to move foward and back. A and D to strafe right and left, which is fine if you can keep a hand there at all times. Then mouse to look around, but to make it so mouse literally just moves your head, and not your body... Its not fun lol. And thats what I'm most interested in. What is the function of the mouse? Will moving my mouse make my character turn left? Or just his head? The later is unacceptable to most gamers, and if Day Z follows the example of a Combat Sim as opposed to a game, well, in short it will not do 1/10th as well as it could.

lol try tapping the left alt twice it should toggle head-movement. So in your case it will probably toggle it back to crosshair movement, and you can hold alt to move your head.

You do know that you're playing on a PC... and that you can rebind every key to whatever you want?

• Like 1

You do know that you're playing on a PC... and that you can rebind every key to whatever you want?

Do you realize how many actions are on the keybind list? Don't make it sound simple, because its not, theres probably 200+ actions.

Edited by Veracruz

The controls are more fluid, but the point is that you have to modify them for your own personal use!

Do you realize how many actions are on the keybind list? Don't make it sound simple, because its not, theres probably 200+ actions.

Half of the keys you won't be using, the main ones are movement, inventory, map/GPS and interact buttons. All you need to do is spend a few minutes rebinding the keys. If you are really that lazy and need a set of keys pre binded to your liking... then I don't even know what to say other than you're a fat cunt and need to stop being a lazy piece of shit.

I personally don't have an issue with the dayz keys.

But i must say the sensitivity it terrible they need a 1:1 ratio in regards to X-Y axis.

PLEASE mods if you hear me fix this! ;)