Sign in to follow this  
Firesnake

Spawning in Infinite, Desolate Wilderness

As of attempting to log on today, every server I am able to connect to spawns me, with all of the gear I previously had, in a wilderness with no zombies, people, trees, or buildings. Last night I was not experiencing this issue, which was with the beta build 93825 and 1.7.1.5. I use the Six Launcher, and I am currently on beta build 93965, patch 1.7.1.5. Basically, my character is stuck, and I have enough on me to justify waiting it out (if at all possible) rather than respawning. If it is at all relevant, I logged out in the NW airfield prior to this bug occurring. Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Same with me and my guy is also invisible. Earlier I had a friend out side of Elektro fall through a Mountain and die and was not able to get his his gear back. So far this new patch is ruining the game especially considering I can't even play.

I've experienced both issues stated above. I'm running the latest version of Day Z as well as the beta patch from Six Updater. I logged in on top of Devil's Castle and fell through the mountain to my death. This after almost 3 weeks surviving after getting everything I could ever want. Oh well... no biggie.

I get my 2 friends to log on and we start from scratch. After a few hours we log at the church in Novy Sabor. We relog back in after eating some dinner and they both come in fine. I spawn in the barren Wilderness area. After an hour of running I find the "canada" fix and join a canada server and run out of the debug forest. Relogging sends me right back to the middle of the barren Wilderness...

I always run the most up to date version of DayZ as well as the beta. I play only on familiar servers. No server crashed, and I did not have any connection issues. I've gone from never having an issue, to an unrecoverable death, to a bug which literally will not let me play the game at all.

Very frustrating.

Run east and you will come out around Pustoshka but it does take around 10 to 20 minutes. I guess it is similar to the de-bug forest but let us hope it gets fixed with that new update which is meant to fix the forest

I ran east / southeast for almost an hour. I have gotten back to the main map. If I log off I log back in in the middle of the Wilderness debug area.

Took me more then 3 and a half hour going east, at the moment I decided to respawn I saw trees and grass, so was lucky not to have pressed respawn, only to be shot just when I had exit out of the forest...

I was going to the NW Airfield too,then got stuck at Wilderness... I need to run at what direction? East?

In my experience it doesn't matter where you go. When you leave the server to rejoin you'll find yourself back in the middle of the Wilderness. You can run south east and make your way back to civilization after a good 1-2 hours run but when you relog you'll be back to where you started. If you have the Wilderness bug it's just best not to play anymore. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

In my experience it doesn't matter where you go. When you leave the server to rejoin you'll find yourself back in the middle of the Wilderness. You can run south east and make your way back to civilization after a good 1-2 hours run but when you relog you'll be back to where you started. If you have the Wilderness bug it's just best not to play anymore. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Do you really mean that I can't play anymore? Even if I kill myself?

Do you really mean that I can't play anymore? Even if I kill myself?

Yes this is my personal experience. Even respawning fresh sends me back to the Wilderness. I've also heard of many other players having this problem.

If I were you, I would join the Canada 2 server and walk back to the map. Relog. If you relog and you are out, congrats! If you come back and you are in the Wilderness... there is no way out. Just wait until it gets fixed. Until then play another game.

I made a post about this to help players who keep getting stuck in debug areas: http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18814

If you're still in the debug areas after doing this, do the following:

If in forest, run east.

If on the plains (no trees or grass), run SE.

If you don't have a compass, reinstall like I said in my thread and respawn. You may be running for a while and you might die if you lack supplies. Good luck.

by Rentech:

I fixed this by making sure I had the updated arma II beta patch. Once I put that in place I stopped spawning back in the grassland/ocean/forest.

It is also the fix for being invisible and your inventory not saving if you pick items up.

I'm having the same problem too. I can't play the game until this is fixed :'(

Someone with a twitter account should tweet @dayzdevteam for a fix soon.