Sign in to follow this  
King of kong

Rarer M4A1

I found 6 M4s in a CDF barracks near NWAF and 4 in Green Mt Compound. Seriously, they should be end-game weps only found in a USMC outpost or something (USMC are canon in Chernarus as they aided the CDF to fight off the Chedaki)

• Like 1

We're currently in alpha.

What he said.

You can't expect loot to be perfectly balanced when 4 guns are in.

Give it time.

But still.

I have never seen a double barrel/ working pistol.

Theres something wrong when more than half the guns I've seen are M4's

It's a simple matter of loot tables & chance to spawn.

• Like 2

Alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha

Dude there are 4 guns in the game, once there are more guns the game will have balanced loot 

Im sure when more weapons are added we will see a more diverse spawn. But with only 2 rifles in the game you cant expect much diversity.

There are M4s everywhere.... if you look in the places they are.

I've not seen a Mosin in ages tho, first gun I found was a Mosin but I never found ammo for it and died. not seen another one since.

Where do they spawn?

Im sure when more weapons are added we will see a more diverse spawn. But with only 2 rifles in the game you cant expect much diversity.

5 guns now.

Never seen 2 of them.

Only ever could work two.

Why can't we friggin breach load pistols?

I've only ever seen 3 mosin rifles in total.

I've seen and had a bunch of pistols, but only found mags for them on very rare occasions.

I've never even seen any shotguns or revolvers at all.

M4? Mate, if those things were flammable I'd use them as firewood. nuff said.

Sure, scream "IT'S ALPHA SO STFU" all you want, it's still a fact that M4s are fucking everywhere, and the loot tables need a change in that regard.

Edited by Nerfed
  • Like 1

Indeed. All we need is the drop rate to be lowered significantly. Could easily be added in the next patch. The devs just need to be made aware that it's an issue.

• Like 2

Signed.

M4's are easy to find.

Pistols are difficult to find. Pistol clips are nigh impossible to find.

Mosins are "rare"..

Stop the "ITS ALPHA" bullshit whenever somone post feedback.. Makes you look like a tard who doesn't know what Alpha means.

Alpha means "Game needs work, tell us what we need to work on so we can focus on it."

• Like 1

I have never even seen a Mosin (expect on the guy I killed) and I only found the FNX just about 2 military bases after I found the M4.. plus I got 4 M4 mags and only one for my FNX. I do have 96 (mag included) rounds for the FNX though.

• Like 1

I think ammo is too common atm.

I just find 8 shotgun shells /30 pistol rounds in every tenth house.

It would make sense to spawn near the gun and rarely on its own.

I think they are re-making all the guns and so they will take awhile to get in game. That my guess. Also, there are a lot of reasons they might actually do stuff like this on purpose, to get mass feedback or to study something.

I guess the current M4's and mosins are just place holders..

However there availability will be more scarce as this great game progresses.

I think they are re-making all the guns and so they will take awhile to get in game. That my guess. Also, there are a lot of reasons they might actually do stuff like this on purpose, to get mass feedback or to study something.

Regardless of how many guns are added IMO military weapons are too common. If you check a military base you will more than likely leave with an assault rifle, IMO this should not be the case.

Loot spawns are not at all balanced now, because they haven't worked on the balance yet. The game is basically just dumping loot based only on location type. They're working on more important things like server performance, stability and security at the moment; they'll get around to loot spawning mechanics in time.

I think there will just be huuuge amount of "crap" guns coming in , i also have the feeling you could very well craft your own basic one shot shotty on your own very soon.

I think of the M4 as very common, but then again the good attachments are difficult to find. 

And as several people mentioned here: stop complaining about people giving feedback. Dayz is in a alpha process, feedback is big thumbs up :).

Eeeh, not so hard if you look in the right place, searching just one area took my damaged and worn (as i found it) M4 to fully kitted out: acog, flash light, silencer etc, 100% pristine.

(now I'm scared to leave the woods because I just know someone will try to kill me for my gun ;))