Sign in to follow this  

Side Channel

I suggest bringing back the blue side channel chat, for many reasons.

This is an ongoing problem for myself and I am guessing for many other players that use this mod. Since it has been removed I have noticed no team work anywhere I go, and people KoSing on sight of other players. I have spawned at least 5 times TODAY, and wanted to team up with someone and just going near them they instantly shoot me, when I obviously have nothing on my person. I try to voice chat or use direct communication, but it usually a wasted effort.

I am not saying I do not like the PvP aspect, in fact I think it is needed for more challenge, but it's getting a bit out of hand.

Just my 2 cents.

I support this. I've been killed about 10+ times in the past two days cause of this. I mean I understand if I'm in Cherno or Elektro. But half of the time it's just in small towns or in the forest. Why the fuck did you guys even remove it in the first place?

I haven't been killed by anyone. Maybe people are just more friendly on the servers I join, but most people stand up and salute my friend and me instead of killing. It was removed because the developers didn't like the idea of global chat.

It was done for realism - so you cant chat to someone 15km away.

When they bring radios into the game i am sure some form of Side chat will be implemented, but you'll have to find a radio first.

It may not be realistic but it sure is handy. Also brings about a sense of community and teamwork. Bring it back, I say!

I've however noticed that some servers still have Side Chat available - is it something that server admins can turn on/off??

No no no no! Get rid of it and stay rid of it. Totally ruins the atomsphere when you have people talking shit on the side the whole time. Should be direct only, until there are lootable radios.

Edit: Talking on voice in direct to people you meet reduces the chance of being murdered I've noticed as a) you get a sense very quickly of peoples intentions, and b) it takes a special kind of asshole to murder someone for no reason when they're being friendly to you by VoIP. They're out there of course, but it will make many think again about pulling the trigger. This is the natural way to emergent game play.

I think you should only be able to use side chat if you're. A, have a radio (Maybe found on millitay bodies and chopper crashes/barrackses) B, Have a vehicle (My millitary off road has a HAM radio in the middle) So having this gear would let you either use the chat via keys or use your mic (Also players can only hear you if they have a radio as well)

I'm just finding a bit ridiculous lately getting shot on sight before I can even go up to a person and try to team up with him, I had another event the other day when I spawned at the airstrip with nothing and saw another fellow player, I ran up to him yelling over the mic, "I'M FRIENDLY!, I don't have anything I just spawned." He then proceeded to shoot me with his gun anyway and walk away.