Sign in to follow this  
Kabraxis (DayZ)

Dumb ways to die

Well yeah, after I've played some hours (today is my first time) with "one or two" deaths I tend to be more careful. Was verry happy about my new Axe, the Mountain Backpack and other fancy stuff I found arround.

Then, after sneeking arround like hell, watching my back every some minutes, I finally came to the all-mighty Military Base. I was happy like hell to maybe finally finde a cool gun or stuff like that. So I climbed up a roof to see if there is something intresting (even if my minde told me "go back inside, you are an easy target up there. you will die and some one will grap all of your stuff!") and I found a think that pretty much looked like a red radio or something.

And as if I wouldn't have known it - I fell off the damn roof - laing dead on the ground :D

Well guys and girls, tell me your dumbest ways to die :)

So I maybe feel less like a fool :P

EDIT: Dumb :D thx

Edited by Kabraxis
  • Like 1

I'm guessing English isn't your primary language as the word you're looking for is dumb/dumbest.

Dumbest death I've had is logging off on the roof of a hospital. Logged back in the next day twenty feet to the right and falling to my death. Weeeee!

Got run over by my friend in the night because I was crouched in grass

I don't own SA but i've played it, dumbest death on there was again at the hands of my friend. He thought I was someone else and he panicked.

Edited by Chris529

@ hogs: Damn :D Thanks for the advice! Yes my primary language isn't english.

Oh yes, falling after login and getting killed by a friend sounds really dumb :D
Hope some more ppl will post they're storys here.

MOD Story:

After having a 10 minute long gun fight and running round near otmel, (DMR vs SVD) I finally killed him when he paniced and decided to hide and bandage...giving me time to flank to the mountain without being seen.....so I finished him off as he aimed back to were I was.....then promptly broke my leg on a rock without morphine, I crawled to his corpse BEGGING for morphine but there was none, his car was beyond fucked with atleast 5 SVD shots into the tires and engine block, so I had to crawl 200m across open road to get to my car, I was shot as expected halfway to my car.

Dumb part? I knew that rocks could break your leg and still walked on them.

I think the stupidest way I have ever died was due to my friend...

So here we were (in the Mod, not the SA) having finally for our first time made our way to the NWAF, and we heard gunfire nearby... we were on high alert. I had him keep watch outside the barracks hidden in some near by foliage, and I went in. I got about halfway in to the barracks and simultaneously all of the doors opened and zombies began walking out each room. (I have no idea what happened here, maybe thats how they used to spawn but they don't seem to anymore)

Well it caught me totally off guard, and I quickly found myself on the ground bleeding out with a broken leg. I called out for help from my friend, and as he was on his way over I got on my knees to be able to take out the zombies surrounding me a bit better... He turns the corner in to the door way, BAM I die.

I happened to be running fraps at the time, and I was rather confused as to how I went from 8k blood to dead so fast... So I went back and checked. Only after running it by frame by frame did I figure out what happened. 

My buddy turned the corner, and started firing his Winchester, and the very first shot missed the 3 zombies between myself and him, and hit me directly in the face as I was getting up to a kneeling position, instantly killing me.

It took me a while to trust him with a gun anywhere around me again. 

• Like 1

I found myself at novy and ended up meeting another player. He said he was new to the game and was extremely lost, so I explained where novy was the best I could. We ended up deciding we were going to loot stary and then head down to zelenogorsk(since it has a military section in the SA). As we ventured down the road looting anything we could for about an hour or so, we stumbled across what appeared to be a new military camp in the fields near kabinino(something like that). We scout it out and decide we were going to head up to the treeline and follow it down into the base. As we got to the treeline we found a deer stand and my new friend decided to climb up it to get a good look around. I asked him how he wanted to approach it and got no response. I asked him if he was alright, only to see a body lying in the grass. I went up and he was dead. I was very sad that this had happened :( . My new friend gone because he decided he wanted to run out of the deer stand instead of climbing out.

• Like 1