Sign in to follow this  
JaysFan26

Not Sure Where to Go

I am currently in the outskirts of the Balova airfield, my computer crashed while I was crawling around there. While my computer was crashed my buddy died, so I don't know what to do now. I have full medical gear, food stockpiled, and a full canteen of water. Along with that I also have some utility items. My current weapon is a shovel, so I need an improvement there.

You have full med gear but your weapon is a shovel? I am baffled.

Personally I say head north. Zelenogorsk is interesting and there's also a military base south of it now. It's relatively safe to follow the roads if you're not familiar with navigating Chernarus yet.

From there you can head from town to town checking stuff out and end up at NWAF and skulk around there.

Whatever you do, do it carefully.

Don't waste time on the coast, gather a few drinks and some food and head north imediately.

Edited by raynor009

You have full med gear but your weapon is a shovel? I am baffled.

Personally I say head north. Zelenogorsk is interesting and there's also a military base south of it now. It's relatively safe to follow the roads if you're not familiar with navigating Chernarus yet.

From there you can head from town to town checking stuff out and end up at NWAF and skulk around there.

Whatever you do, do it carefully.

Ya, I would have had a fire axe but my buddy got to it before me. I am assuming he got looted completely at the air traffic control after he died. He had 2 pistols on him too, which he found while my computer was restarting.

I died, but I regained most of what I had from looting Balota. I now have an M4 and Fire axe though. Is it time to head north?

Edited by JaysFan26

I died, but I regained most of what I had from looting Balota. I now have an M4 and Fire axe though. Is it time to head north?

Its time to head north as soon as you spawn. Not many new people seem to get that though.

When you wake up on the coast it's time to head north if you ask me.

No time for the sissy coast.

Should I head to the Sobor's?

It was time to head north when you first posted this thread.  The airfields are notorious camping spots for bandits/kos'ers especially if you're on a fairly populated server.

Check out: http://www.dayzdb.com/map and http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Chernarus%2B for information on Chernarus.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

Should I stay away from Berezino as well? It looks to be less populated, but there might be a bandit risk there. I could use some antibiotics and weapon attachments, along with a pistol mag

Check out: http://www.dayzdb.com/map and http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Chernarus%2B for information on Chernarus.

Or Find a map in-game,follow the roads, read the signs on the roads. No need to use out of game stuff to ruin the immersion for a quick fix. I pretty much always know where I am and how to get to the next town now without a map and wish I could experience that lost feeling I had when I first started DayZ. Being lost might be frustrating but is part of the game and can lead to you experiencing something you were not expecting, be that good or bad.   

Should I stay away from Berezino as well? It looks to be less populated, but there might be a bandit risk there. I could use some antibiotics and weapon attachments, along with a pistol mag

Try Polana its always empty for me and isn't as far. It's also on the way to Berezino which is getting to be more populated as time goes on but is huge and has the only hospital that far north. After that head north over Klen and your at krasno which has a school and NEAF next to it.

Edited by melvindorf

Try Polana its always empty for me and isn't as far. It's also on the way to Berezino which is getting to be more populated as time goes on but is huge and has the only hospital that far north. After that head north over Klen and your at krasno which has a school and NEAF next to it.

I am currently in Kamenka, what should I loot along the way to Polana?

Or Find a map in-game,follow the roads, read the signs on the roads. No need to use out of game stuff to ruin the immersion for a quick fix. I pretty much always know where I am and how to get to the next town now without a map and wish I could experience that lost feeling I had when I first started DayZ. Being lost might be frustrating but is part of the game and can lead to you experiencing something you were not expecting, be that good or bad.   

Yeah, but you're already familiar with Chernarus and I'm pretty sure at some point you oogled some online maps yourself.  This guy isn't and probably isn't going to find a map anytime soon.  Not saying he has to use them, just that it's an option.

I recommend any small town you find on the way. Regular houses can spawn all sorts of good gear like morphine, lock boxes, food... loads of good shit.

If I was to spawn at kamenka I would find what I could there and then, fill up and water at there nearest source I can find then head east from the north of Balota then slightly north of Cherno until I got to the big cliff at the coast between Cherno and Elektro from there you can follow a power line which goes directly to elecktro. Its all north from there buddy; Dolonina, Polana , Gorka, Dubvovka, Berzino loads of loot not many players and a hell of a lot to do compared to sticking south.

My biggest tip would be to follow power lines from the tree line so you can move with maximum cover without getting lost.

Edited by melvindorf

Yeah, but you're already familiar with Chernarus and I'm pretty sure at some point you oogled some online maps yourself.  This guy isn't and probably isn't going to find a map anytime soon.  Not saying he has to use them, just that it's an option.

True but my point is that the I am new and lost feeling is something special that you only get once. Also maps seem to spawn in Industrial buildings pretty often just gotta hope its the part of the map your in.