TankyWanky

How is your mental state? :-) [Future evolution of Dayz]

Howdy Survivors!
So after the first couple of days,in SA.After lots of deaths,a wipe,after exploring,learning,adapting,surviving and basically really enjoying the game i started to wonder...(overall pretty sick game!I love it)Why isn't there a mental state in this game?(go down to "**" for the point lol)Let me apply this question to our community,dev's,and Rocket.
Because this game is trying to be so close to reality, in its medical,environmental,physical,and many other aspects.WHY to ignore such huge thing in survival especially?
Most of you guys haven't experienced the need to SURVIVE,and don't known that if your brain will stop fighting on and moving against all the odds,the hunger ,the thirst, to keep living on,keeping to survive.

You wont last that long.
I was reading the forum for few hours now and all i see is pretty much yawning and crying XD.Most players,''testers'','' survivors'',don't even know how to treat them selves,in terms of medical state,what impel when your character is in pain,or is sick,or why shouldn't you wear cloths that are laying on the floor full of blood for months,or even don't know how to create a pitiful fixation for their broken limb.I'm as from my experience as former squad leader,do know how treat wounds,how rest is important,know how to find where is the north without compass at any time(day,night),I had it experienced on me how is it feeling to eat cold meals,have myself running for miles in deserts and woods.Surviving.
*Don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing any body for anything,
I just sharing my thoughts with you.
So i thought about this.
Many so far complaining about KOS mentality, Rocket handheld with it pretty well by make all the items destroyed when you shoot somebody somewhere, Most New Survivor are dumb to understand that and didn't watch any dev blog of the game,and does not know the consequences,or knows them but ignores because shooting people is quite fun,and seeing them trying to run away in panic.
** Ok,enough offtopic:
I suggest to add another aspect to the game,Moral.
Why to add something like moral to the game you ask?To make the game more difficult!
Why Moral,what will it impact on and etc..?
Well,it should impact on every thing,if you run like usain bolt?its not just making you more hungry and thirsty but it quite depressing running for long time by yourself and being lost in the woods,and freaking zombies all around you there is just no hope.
If your moral will be low it can impact your running speed,your rate of getting out of sickness state,recovering from bleeding wounds and even more...
If you always eating same old canned beans(cold,uncooked properly) your moral will drop down,if you don't communicate with other survivors,you will feel lonely and your morale will drop down,if you get in fire fight you will get out of it wounded,it will drop your morale down.
If you don't get sleep/rest in worm place,it will drop your morale.
In the other hand,eating warm,properly cooked food will raise your morale up,
If you will meet and communicate with other/new survivors(draw a line under the new because seening same people wont give you same result),you will find new hope,it will get your morale higher!
You got the point i think...
So on this point i ask you survivors to give me you're feedback on the idea...
Also i think it is important to test this aspect in alpha or beta periods,maybe it will be too difficult maybe players will love it...just sharing my thoughts :-)
And give me your beans if you like it!Post a comment if not,or both.
P.s. ignore the misspellings and bad grammar ;-)
P.s.s. i know this post is kind of chaotic and messy,its just my line of thought.

Notes after reading comments:

***The horrid format is because i was writing it on my phone.I will change that when ill get home.

***to help the morale system it should be in sync with humanity!
FOR EXAMPLE
Survivor: to stay in better shape just need a melee weapon for his safety,food and shelter,wearing warn/damaged jacket or pristine should have an effect too.
Bandit level 3: needs to kill somebody because he has the need to
Hero level 3: feels really bad after killing some one even for a self defence!

Keep the tough rolling ;-)

Edited by TankyWanky
  • Like 1

IMO mental wellbeing is near impossible to simulate in a game without it seeming incredibly inauthentic. If the player is not mentaly unstable then why should the character that they are controlling be?

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1

P.s. ignore the misspelings and bad grammar ;-)

So I read the first line......... :P

I guess the mentalitly is meant to be a player implemented emotion,  I mean not wanting to die could be paranoia, or impatient people tend to rush into buildings.....

Nice to read a fellow soldiers point of view. 

I agree at some point. Where i don't agree is the lonely we all have different mentality.  

but like a fireplace after a some time in the rain warm food and this to increase ur moral and ur wounds will heal faster great idea in my mind. 

Then like if ur with more survivors it could give a increase moral boost just like a + to ur moral it will not do much other then ur charector can handle more moral lost. 

• Like 1

Morale or however you call it is a great thing!

I just had the messages blinking up on my screen

"I feel lonely"

"Cold beans ... not again!"

"A chat would be nice"

""sigh!" (onomatopoeic)

• Like 1

Morale or however you call it is a great thing!

I just had the messages blinking up on my screen

"I feel lonely"

"Cold beans ... not again!"

"A chat would be nice"

""sigh!" (onomatopoeic)

Hell yeah,after some time that you are in morale down state,the charecter Commits suicide,lol,He has feelings too you know...XD

Edited by TankyWanky
  • Like 1

Hell yeah,after some time that you are in morale down state,the charecter Commits suicide,lol,He has feelings too you know...XD

why not ?!?

There is some moral already in the game, but it happens when YOU are playing, You are experiencing moral as you are playing this game. You feel scared, lonely and even defenseless and above all PARANOID when your mind starts to play games and make you think: "ZOMBIE RIGHT BEHIND YOU, RUN DAMMIT!" even when there isn't one. When you get paranoid from playing you start feeling every building you enter will cause you to be shot or eaten, you feel like you need to sprint through this hospital because you feel like you're being watched by an nonexistent sniper. 

I do like the overall idea that you're suggesting but It would be hard to have moral, and how would the game know when you are talking to another survivor to increase moral and remove the "I could use a chat"? Would be hard to implement most things but I like the idea!

Why did you write your post

with all the parts of your sentences

on different lines? I couldn't even read it

because of that horrid format.

Agreed could not read after half way through the first line.

IMO mental wellbeing is near impossible to simulate in a game without it seeming incredibly inauthentic. If the player is not mentaly unstable then why should the character that they are controlling be?

Do most of the players in the game seem mentally stable to you? :D

• Like 1

Do most of the players in the game seem mentally stable to you? :D

not necessarily if you look at all the vids people forcing others to do weird stuff :huh: