Sign in to follow this  
myusername!

Server Looting: Character Server Lock

Shoud Dayz characters be locked to the server they were started on to end the unfair advantage of server looting/server jumping  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Shoud Dayz characters be locked to the server they were started on to end the unfair advantage of server looting/server jumping

• Yes
    • No

Server looting: constantly switching servers at a good looting location to collect loot quickly since each server has separate loot.

I think your Dayz character should be locked to one server; you should be able to have multiple characters at the same time but only one character per server and the characters should be locked to the server they were started on.

This would end the server looting and it's unfair advantage, and would probably keep the loot from being whiped out so quickly.

What are your opinions?

Edited by theysaid...

Server hopping for loot is lame, but losing your character because a server owner suddenly decided he didn't want to rent a server any more would be even lamer.  The solution lies elsewhere.

• Like 1

It would end server looting yes, but what if your friends are on a different server? What if you need a blood bag and a medic clan can heal you as they have the same blood as you? oh wait you cant.  There would be no point of a world wide hive, what happens if you cannot find the server or if its down?

A better option would be that the person who 'Server hopped' shouldn't see loot in a 500 meter radius or a reasonable amount.

Easy solution : limit server swiches to one every 3 hours. Baaaam, no more hopping!

You still get to visit that medic clan, get to meet with your friends and what not. But no hopping for loot or to flank players (happend to me, the fucker spawned right in the room behind me. Guess how that ended for me? :( )

Edited by Weparo
  • Like 1

Thanks. hopefully someone can close this thread now that there is a link to the other one.

Thanks. hopefully someone can close this thread now that there is a link to the other one.

Easy. Report your own post and it will be in no time. :)

Easy solution : limit server swiches to one every 3 hours. Baaaam, no more hopping!

You still get to visit that medic clan, get to meet with your friends and what not. But no hopping for loot or to flank players (happend to me, the fucker spawned right in the room behind me. Guess how that ended for me? :( )

Awesome! that would work. Hopefully the devs will implement this, should be an easy fix.

Edited by theysaid...

Awesome! that would work. Hopefully the devs will implement this, should be an easy fix.

That's what I'm thinking. Because it's all about preventing these "quick" server swiches. Of course many people will rage, but hey, deal with it B)

• Like 1