Sign in to follow this  
dev0

Responsibly reporting duping glitches

This isn't a question/thread about DayZ directly but a question regarding the usage of the DayZ bug tracker found at http://feedback.dayzgame.com/ and reporting sever bugs through it.

I believe I have found a glitch that allows for duplication of items. In the spirit of "responsible disclosure" I do not want to post publicly details about it before it was fixed. To make the devs aware of it I created an issue on the bug tracker and marked it as "private". Now I'm not sure if a] private means it's private to only me (as in only I can see the issue) or if the team is able to see it and b] I fear that nobody might notice it among all the noise on the tracker. I did add the tag "duping" which I would assume is tracked by somebody, but up until now there has been no reaction and I want to make sure this is picked up by somebody.

If anybody could point me in a good direction?

Thanks,

dev0

Edited by dev0

I doubt it. If you were in the submit section and selected private then I would assume its just to the devs only...

It would be no harm posting it again 

This isn't a question/thread about DayZ directly but a question regarding the usage of the DayZ bug tracker found at http://feedback.dayzgame.com/ and reporting sever bugs through it.

I believe I have found a glitch that allows for duplication of items. In the spirit of "responsible disclosure" I do not want to post publicly details about it before it was fixed. To make the devs aware of it I created an issue on the bug tracker and marked it as "private". Now I'm not sure if a] private means it's private to only me (as in only I can see the issue) or if the team is able to see it and b] I fear that nobody might notice it among all the noise on the tracker. I did add the tag "duping" which I would assume is tracked by somebody, but up until now there has been no reaction and I want to make sure this is picked up by somebody.

If anybody could point me in a good direction?

Thanks,

dev0

There are a number of known duping bugs already and numerous duping issues have already been reported on the tracker.