Sign in to follow this  
iamlegend (DayZ)

No zombies?

i logged on three diferent servers and there are no zombies... i only visited small towns, is this normal?

Edited by iamlegend

Zombies only respawn on server restart.

EDIT: [Not a bug, i think]

Edited by GOD™

Someone already killed them, they will spawn after server restart. Atm i don't think it's that many zombies either.

They have specifically lowered the number of zombies so they could test server load. That might mean a dozen total in Elektro. I think I read that once they are killed they don't respawn until the server restarts right now. I also read that they intend on making it so that they will respawn slowly but if you kill all the zombies in a certain area they will stop respawning for a while so you can defend that area. 

Ok ty... i like the idea of clearing an area of zombies, but i hope they will keep comming, independently of server restarting...

A notice from one of the rocket's announcements. Should give you a pretty clear answer.

Important bugs and issues

Zombies
* Zombies clipping through floors/walls
* Zombies hitting through upper floors from the ground floor
* Low zombie numbers
* No zombie respawning
Zombies are a work in progress they are a very active area of development, we consider the current implementation a base level to commence further testing. Their AI was completely redeveloped, which means we need to come up with new (more efficient) methods of their interaction with the world, such as collision, as the ArmA way is not designed for thousands of AI to operate at once on this scale. This will be one of our most active areas of development.

Edited by freqzon

Not a lot of zombies in current build. They'll up the amount though. 

Just enjoy being able to roam relatively safely and only have to deal with a few zombies rather than a whole ton. 

I usually find a few in big cities.

The open fields often contain a group of two.