Sign in to follow this  
mfvillain

[Suggestion] Having your character addicted to a substance

I have been thinking about this for awhile. What if when you create a character the game randomly rolls to see if you are an alcoholic or a smoker or you can choose if you want to be addicted(this could be something like hardcore more mode for seasoned players). You could also become addicted to these items in game if you use them. Now the benefits of smoking a cigarette would help your character not eat for awhile, so you can go without food longer. The adverse effects would be shortness of breath so you cant sprint faster and if you smoke a lot you might start loosing health. If you are addicted you would have to smoke cigarettes on regular bases. The only benefit of drinking alcohol i could think of is being able to fight longer(having harder punches? being able to knock people out faster lol) or being able to take more damage, yet again if you start bleeding you would loose more blood than usual. Also you wouldn't be able to walk straight if you are drunk and your vision would be blurry. If you are addicted you would have to drink a lot lol.

So that's pretty much it. Let me know what you guys think.

I like the idea of needing to find certain stuff to keep alive but it honk that's why they have food mess and drink I guess that's the survivors drug of choice

^^ Potassium overdose.

Addiction has been discussed as being probable at some point.

I was thinking of a nutritional balance concept that would fit into this mechanism well. In addition to potentially becoming addicted to particular substances, eating the same substance more often than others (whether it is addictive or not) would provide less nutrition over time and would force you to try other foods.

For example, if you eat nothing but cereal, you eventually cannot get past a certain level of "well being" until you eat fruit.

Read the description on the morphine auto-injector.  ;)

Drug addictions incoming.