Sign in to follow this  
filipgrizz

What is the strategy?

I have been playing for a while now, and I cant figure out what to do. I always spawn, and die. I can sometimes find a gun or two, but I dont really know where to go, or what to do. If someone can give me some advice, that would be great. Thanks.

Well, if you actully want to survive try and get a spawn at kamenka. Then charge north while looting any and all deer stands you find. Then loot zeleogorsk for all its yummy foods and matchs n stuff, and bam you are set. Get to dat NWAF soldier, and get real hardware.

What i do, is when i spawn i equip around the coast, making sure i got the essentials, 1911/revolver, and an assault rifle o some discrption, matches axe knife. the i meander north, hitting up deer huts in search o a better rifle normally(a lot o other trigger happy chappies will be doing the same mind) with the goal o raiding NW air field, and starry sobor mnilitary tents(even more trigger happy chappies) ecpect to have a few gun fights. then once yah sgeared, its time to get a vehicle sorted... by then im normally dead ;-)

Well, I'm new as well and the only advice I can give you is this.

The empty soda can is your best friend.

I used to ignore it completely, but now... I love it, it distracts the zombies off that barn\building you want to loot. Even when I find a gun I use cans to avoid wasting ammo, that and you should start by going through the woods and find deer huts which are likely to have good loot, stay off the major cities such as electro, cherno, bolota airfield etc.. until you have decent gear.

Strategy used to be BE SMART, DON'T GET KILLED AND SURVIVE.

Now it's RUN, FORREST, RUN.

My master plan! Sneak into some little town (possible prone), try to find a weapon. Get food and head straigth to inner wilderness. Get good gear by farming farms and inner little cities and head back with good gear (and possible with a car) and kill everyone and die. (Ive done this 2 times)

Well' date=' I'm new as well and the only advice I can give you is this.

The empty soda can is your best friend.

I used to ignore it completely, but now... I love it, it distracts the zombies off that barn\building you want to loot. Even when I find a gun I use cans to avoid wasting ammo, that and you should start by going through the woods and find deer huts which are likely to have good loot, stay off the major cities such as electro, cherno, bolota airfield etc.. until you have decent gear.

[/quote']

How effective is the soda can. Like how long are they distracted for and how big the the range on it?

Spawn near Cherno or Elektro, hit Firetower, Church, Supermarket, Apartment Block, School, Hospital/tents in more or less that order, as quickly and quietly as possible. Get a gun, preferably a primary and secondary, a backpack, 2 foods, 1 water bottle + coke or at least 2 cokes, and some med supplies (2x morphine, 2x bandages, 2x painkillers, blood if you play with friends, 1x antibiotics are bonus)

Then get the fuck out of dodge. Once you learn where the buildings are a lap through town should only take around 10 minutes. If you get lucky and dont get killed, you are set to head wherever you please. Even if it takes 3-4 tries to survive, its faster than finding all of this stuff in little towns, and the many enterable buildings in cities actually makes it a lot easier to lose Zed aggro when you don't have a gun, when compared to smaller towns.