Ejbrauer

combat help

Im was playing recently and I realized that I'm horrible at combat,mostly close quarters. Almost every battle I get in I lose. I know there isn't a little trick to automatically make me better, but I was just wonder if there r any tips and pointers u guys can give me to help me get better. Thanks.

If you've got a gun, hold shift to walk slowly, it will keep your gun up and ready to blast anything that jumps out at you.

Firing unsighted at close range is fine, aiming down sight narrows your field of view and obscures it, leaving you vulnerable. 

If you get the drop on someone, keep the pressure on. Dont give them time to form a plan or counter attack. If they're always on the back foot you have a better chance of finishing the job - just dont get cocky  :P

If you've got any kind of melee weapon, might as well turn it on yourself. you're a dead man.

And practice. Then when you're doing doing that, practice some more. If you have ArmA 2/3, hop on a wasteland or other pvp server and practice combat in a relatively low risk enviroment. If you die, you've got less to lose.

Theres various web articles on 'real life' cqb that a lot can be learned from. 

• Like 1

-turn settings down for better fps, go to big cities less once again to have better fps

-find good cover before engaging, dont just shoot right away, plan ur way into the battle

-use zombies to ur advantage 

-get used to games controls - this one is probably the biggest one, along with enhancing fps 

Disable post processing effects. Never run into a town/city/airfield/lootspot without scoping it out first and loooking for movement. If you get spotted, go into a building with one entrance and aim at it with your weapon. When you see them come inside, fuck them up. Most importantly keep calm and improve situational awareness. If you start panicking during a fight or get too excited you might not hear/see someone else charge you with an axe.