Sign in to follow this  
guitarprorocks

How do i become healthy?

I've read on dayzdb about regenerating blood and etc, but i cant get healthy it seems.

I have drank from the well about 20 times, ate 5 cans of food, and have been resting my character for 5 mins.

I'm pretty sure i have no infection or anything.

how do i become healthy?

Edited by jpnumber1

I'm not sure...

A lot of people claim to have regenerated back up to full health, but I sat in a bush for 90 minutes (making sure my hunger and thirst were always taken care of) and haven't noticed any increase in colour brightness.

Eat, Eat, Eat. Did I mention EAT? There is a system in place where you get thirsty if you eat so you drink After you eat Not before. I got hurt was moaning sick and got better by eating tons of food. I also drank a lot during the span of eating. When I mean a lot of eating I'm talking about two bags of rice full. Basically to the point you start complaining you stomach is full, lol. (Yep, the game actually complains your stomach is full.)

Edited by dayzus

I had the same problem, then I decided to eat some aintibiotics and suddenly I got a message about feeling better or my wounds getting  cleaner. From that point on my blood started to regenerate. I still don't get the "my stomach is full" messages anymore. They stopped after the last patch.

I'm not sure...

A lot of people claim to have regenerated back up to full health, but I sat in a bush for 90 minutes (making sure my hunger and thirst were always taken care of) and haven't noticed any increase in colour brightness.

you stop getting messages when food is 600+ and water is 2000+.

regeneration of blood starts when your food is 3500+ and your water is 3000+ though. SWALLOW!

you stop getting messages when food is 600+ and water is 2000+.

regeneration of blood starts when your food is 3500+ and your water is 3000+ though. SWALLOW!

Ahh, so I just need to eat and drink some more? :)

Ahh, so I just need to eat and drink some more? :)

guess so.

some decent indicators would be nice... and i do not know if the source was correct about this, but it was the only serious explanation of the system that i found.

i do really wonder where he has got the data from, i think about asking him/her...

Eat, Eat, Eat. Did I mention EAT? There is a system in place where you get thirsty if you eat so you drink After you eat Not before. I got hurt was moaning sick and got better by eating tons of food. I also drank a lot during the span of eating. When I mean a lot of eating I'm talking about two bags of rice full. Basically to the point you start complaining you stomach is full, lol. (Yep, the game actually complains your stomach is full.)

Depends on the food. Some anecdotal evidence (separate incidents):

- ate a box of cereals; became thirsty. Could be a coincidence.

- ate a can of beans; no longer thirsty.

Depends on the food. Some anecdotal evidence (separate incidents):

- ate a box of cereals; became thirsty. Could be a coincidence.

- ate a can of beans; no longer thirsty.

cereal is 930 food and -250 water.

beans are 462 food and 330 water.

Don't drink dirty water, clean your bandages before you use them, eat a ridiculous amount of food.  I also took some vitamins not long before I became healthy.

Edited by diznoid

Eat till your character complains about being full. Clean your wounds with alcohol, and take vitamins. I've had my character regen from full black and white to color, it'll take about 1 hour.

Don't drink dirty water, clean your bandages before you use them, eat a ridiculous amount of food.  I also took some vitamins not long before I became healthy.

i drink dirty water all the time i dont think that system is active yet ..i also noticed every time i randomly popped anti biotics i would end up sick ...

I ate a full can of beans, a full can of sardines, a full can of tuna, an entire bag of rice, and a box of cereal. I never got a message saying I was full. Then I drank three full bottles of water, four sodas, and emptied out my canteen, still got no message saying I was full. When I was doing this, I did not have either hungry or thirsty as an indicator, so I was already in good shape. After all that drinking and eating, I afk'ed in the woods for about 45 minutes while waiting for my friends to make their way to me. No change in my blood level. No messages, nothing. I heard about a "healthy" indicator being added in this patch, but no amount of eating and drinking seems to trigger it for me. The best I can do is make myself so full of food and drink that I won't have to eat again for hours.

I feel like there's some other hidden requirement to healthy status that is not indicated anywhere and thus some players meet the requirement and others don't. Either that or there's a bug that is causing some players to not be able to ever become healthy. As it stands, I still think it's just better to kill yourself if you take too much damage.

I think vitamins play a part in being healthy. Me and my friend were both eating and drinking plenty all day. We only noticed being healthy a bit after splitting a ~40% bottle of vitamins. So eating a lot of fruit and/or vitamins might help.

I'm a newbie, and currently healthy. I've had to bandage twice due to zeds, with rags which I didn't clean (didn't even know you could do that). Never ingested anything that wasn't food (non-spoiled) or water / soda. That means no vitamins, no antibiotics, etc.. Drank several times from ponds and wells. I always have too much food in my inventory, so when I find one I eat it immediately, but I never binge eat. I also sprint all the time and never stop to regain my breath.

Game doesn't tell sickness if you don't take medicine, so basically you could have 2 different diseases and you aren't healthy.I noticed strange behavior with my character, like shortness of breath (even when i was sitting), thirsty all the time and my colors were changing couple times. So i took antibiotics, but after my wounds were clean my character had some effects again. After that i took vitamins, charcoal tablets and my inventory UI displayed sickness again, so i had multiple different diseases. Also remember to clean wounds etc. with alcohol and use disinfectant spray to clean items.

My friend has Healthy state display on inventory screen, so i think it means he's really healthy and don't have any diseases.

Edited by Bezzi

I've read on dayzdb about regenerating blood and etc, but i cant get healthy it seems.

I have drank from the well about 20 times, ate 5 cans of food, and have been resting my character for 5 mins.

I'm pretty sure i have no infection or anything.

how do i become healthy?

if you are just low on blood:

Eat: pristine or good food (more than your hunger.)

drink: water (not cans. cans are unhealthy.)

eat: vitamin pills

in future: fill a blood bag with your own blood before you run into issues and regenerate blood in this way

nobody seems to have tried vitamin pills.

saline drip too

blood test your friends and yourself, see if you're compatible

Edited by Wookieenoob

does blood type change in the game? every time I test myself i'm 0+ different spawns, is it safe to assume that every character will be the same?

I am currently low on health. I have been eating cans of beans drinking sodas and sardines. In my gear screen it says "Healing" where it normally says thirty or hungry. So the idea is eat and drink everything in my opinion. This has worked for me before just takes a bit of time that is all and keep it saying healing by eating and drinking everything.

If you take a wound from a z, ALWAYS disinfect using alcohol or anitbiotics. When I use antibiotics, it doesn't show I'm sick beforehand only after I consume them (bug?), then my wounds become clean and the sickness goes away. So to get the 'healthy' status you need to have full health, blood, hunger, thirst, and not sick, I believe. Best way to accomplish this is to eat a bunch of food, (take antibiotics if wounded or sick) then drink at a well until you get the message 'I am full'. Give it about 1 hour in game and you should get the healthy status. Good luck surviving!