Sign in to follow this  
cataclyststa

Places for Millitary Loot

Hey guys!

just wondering if anyone knows of places that have military loot other than Balota, North West Air field and North East Air field?

If it has soviet-ish tech, it's likely it has military loot.

Every concrete building with CRT monitors in it I've been in has been a place of military loot.

What exactly are you looking for?

Edited by Diggydug
  • Like 1

There my two sweet spots I hit, one outside Vybor (military compund) and the one along the yellow brick road to Zelenogorsk (military compund).  I shall not give exacts but they are ripe.

• Like 3

Hey guys!

just wondering if anyone knows of places that have military loot other than Balota, North West Air field and North East Air field?

If you study this map a bit, you'll find plenty of military camps scattered around Chernarus.

http://www.dayzdb.com/map

If you study this map a bit, you'll find plenty of military camps scattered around Chernarus.

http://www.dayzdb.com/map

That map only show water locations for me, is there a way to turn everything else on?  Also is there a way to get a map view (topo) instead of a satelite photo, like the mod map:

http://www.dayzdb.com/map/chernarus

That map only show water locations for me, is there a way to turn everything else on?  Also is there a way to get a map view (topo) instead of a satelite photo, like the mod map:

http://www.dayzdb.com/map/chernarus

The DayZDB devs are working on transitioning the map over to DayZ SA so a lot of features that were in the old map are still being worked on such as additional markers and topo.

If you have the map as your active browser window you can zoom in and out and it will show you towns, military camps and other locations that aren't shown in the overmap.

Good luck, the server hopping is so bad that even when I server hop every military spawn I hit is picked clean.

I certainly hope they eliminate that a certain type of loot is in a certain type of place

Why Noctiluxx? Because it makes fucking sense? Would you rather see military grade weapons all over rural areas?

Why Noctiluxx? Because it makes fucking sense? Would you rather see military grade weapons all over rural areas?

Before you start with your anger.. I didn't imply that I'd expect to find an M4 in someones apartment in cherno.  However.  I am suggesting that it would be a much more interesting game if there wasn't a 100% lock that every time you visit a military base (before anyone has been there) that you'll find a complete gun (or any gun parts at all)

The reasoning:

I'd assume that there was some kind of military force deployed to 'attempt' to fight off whatevers making the Zeds, and keep people safe.  Which would lead me to believe, wherever they went, they'd take their best equipment.    That said, once it becomes the epidemic that it is when our characters join the game.  It would also be safe to assume possibility to find military gear all over map, as its likely people would loot dead military, and move about much like we're expected to do once we join the game.

• Like 4

Before you start with your anger.. I didn't imply that I'd expect to find an M4 in someones apartment in cherno.  However.  I am suggesting that it would be a much more interesting game if there wasn't a 100% lock that every time you visit a military base (before anyone has been there) that you'll find a complete gun (or any gun parts at all)

The reasoning:

I'd assume that there was some kind of military force deployed to 'attempt' to fight off whatevers making the Zeds, and keep people safe.  Which would lead me to believe, wherever they went, they'd take their best equipment.    That said, once it becomes the epidemic that it is when our characters join the game.  It would also be safe to assume possibility to find military gear all over map, as its likely people would loot dead military, and move about much like we're expected to do once we join the game.

That is actually a really cool idea, I hope someone important reads this post and realizes how awesome that would be, unfortunately for us, the loot system will probably stay the same, Ex. Military Loot only at Military Spawns

We're from America, there are more guns here than people :)

That is actually a really cool idea, I hope someone important reads this post and realizes how awesome that would be, unfortunately for us, the loot system will probably stay the same, Ex. Military Loot only at Military Spawns

Thanks, I do my best to actually think things out instead of the usual frustration generated response people have on here.  

We're from America, there are more guns here than people :)

I didn't want to go down that road, but since you did, yes. Americans (mostly) love their guns, I'm from Canada, and I could give two shits about them.  Hell, at one point when our military was in iraq, we sent them in green cammo.

The reasoning:

Thats not that much of a bad idea, once they get the other weapons in, like the shotgun, we should be able to find them in more residential and farm areas, I also dont see why the Moisin isnt in farmhouses or residentials like how the Lee Enfield was in the mod. 

Thanks, I do my best to actually think things out instead of the usual frustration generated response people have on here.  

I didn't want to go down that road, but since you did, yes. Americans (mostly) love their guns, I'm from Canada, and I could give two shits about them.  Hell, at one point when our military was in iraq, we sent them in green cammo.

Actually there is a good portion of Iraq that is forest.