Sign in to follow this  
dayzhopeful

A real beginners guide for new players

The first thing you should do when you spawn is get your bearings and start to learn where the major cities and villages are.

90% of the time you will spawn on the south coast so use your dayz map to find out where this is and also try and note some locations down. I understand some people feel this ruins the game but in my personal opinion the thing that was ruining the game for me was not knowing the layout of the map and where the important locations are because so many people do know where to go that it puts you at a MASSIVE disadvantage to people who have played the mod.

Try to find a couple of tins of food and a melee weapon and something to drink. Drinking is not too important as you can drink from ponds and wells on the way just make sure you over drink this way you can avoid getting that annoying message about being thirsty

If you see a house with a door open this means it has been looted most of the time so it is probably best to avoid these houses.

Once you think you know where you are on the map and you are comfortable with what direction you can travel in you need to start heading toward the airport at balota. This is where the majority of the best gear and weapons are on the south coast and also is not far from a military base, also full of all that fancy gear that everyone has but you can not seem to find.

If you can master this route that almost all dayz veterans take you will find yourself really starting to enjoy the game after a couple of deaths and you will understand why people like it so much.

Good luck my fellow noobs and remember TRUST NO ONE (unless you pre arrange a meeting)

And remember the most important thing is to learn the map and find out where the best items are, only then can you truly become competative at dayz.

for new players by a new player? I like your attitude son :) I wish I was still as enthusiastic as I was when it was new to me, good times. fearful times.

• Like 1

for new players by a new player? I like your attitude son :) I wish I was still as enthusiastic as I was when it was new to me, good times. fearful times.

Your probably correct there, but i can say since i have found out these little things it has made my experience so much more exciting. I could now  make a long list of the amount of hold your breath moments i have had around these locations and i just want other new players to know about them.  :D