SFRGaming

This is getting annoying

Well, character got reset for the 8th time. I understand this is alpha and things like this happen but I have seen several threads regarding this and the past 2 patches have no effort in trying to fix this problem. The first few times were okay since it's Alpha and things like that were bound to happen, but I would have figured that Dean would be working to fix it.

but I would have figured that Dean would be working to fix it.

Has he said that he is no longer working to fix it?

• Like 1

Shadow, one of the biggest issues is people logging on servers that haven't patched. This causes characters to be deleted. Make sure you only join updated servers.

Indeed. Just because something has not yet been fixed does not mean that the devs are not aware of the issue and working on fixing it.

AFAIK it's a server issue.

I still haven't got my character reseted.. not even once.. Pretty odd.

Me too. I even survived the patch that reset the database somehow. No idea how that happened...

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1

Indeed. Just because something has not yet been fixed does not mean that the devs are not aware of the issue and working on fixing it.

Me too. I even survived the patch that reset the database somehow. No idea how that happened...

Super secret backup for VIPs? :D

Edited by Chris529

Well, character got reset for the 8th time. I understand this is alpha and things like this happen but I have seen several threads regarding this and the past 2 patches have no effort in trying to fix this problem. The first few times were okay since it's Alpha and things like that were bound to happen, but I would have figured that Dean would be working to fix it.

I know your pain..............cuddles

Yeah, 3 of my friends survived it aswell..

I got killed at NWAF (i mean just died) then my DayZ closed and asked me to install the new update........ I dont really feel like walking up there again.

I loose 2 or 3 characters a day (to them not being saved when i log out) 8/ usually once i have all the best gear in the game..... On the up side I'm getting very good at getting gear up quick.

Super secret backup for VIPs? :D

I realised I was still opted in to the unstable/'beta' builds from closed testing therefore already updated to the wipe patch, but the only servers running it had very few players. So I opted out of unstable builds and reverted to the previous version, started playing then the server went down for the update and I had to update again. Then when I logged back in I hadn't lost my char.

That must have had something to do with it I guess. I'm happy though, I must have one of the oldest chars in DayZ right now. ;3

I got killed at NWAF (i mean just died) then my DayZ closed and asked me to install the new update........ I dont really feel like walking up there again.

Well feel free to go somewhere else, there's a tonne of new stuff to explore!

Edited by Mos1ey

Character wipes are pretty routine in most Alphas that I've participated in.

I understand this is alpha and things like this happen

obviously you dont understand the meaning of "alpha" this means anything can be broken in the game for any reason. doesnt mean they arent working on it... 

obviously you dont understand the meaning of "alpha" this means anything can be broken in the game for any reason. doesnt mean they arent working on it... 

I feel like I have seen you on a lot of post saying this same phrase over and over again. I hate reiteration