Sign in to follow this  
Perfectdark (DayZ)

Character save wipes

Why are me and all my friends having are toons wiped for no good damn reason after you log off to EAT or even use the bathroom! Kind of stupid imo and makes us not want to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Perfectdark

none want to play after character wipe

I agree but hey if I got shot in the face atleast I would get the adrenaline rush and I could say it was MY fault. 

It's due to server hopping I think. If you only use previous servers it won't wipe your gear. 

Why are me and all my friends having are toons wiped for no good damn reason after you log off to EAT or even use the bathroom! Kind of stupid imo and makes us not want to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woah buddy.  Slow down there.

If you read the game description on Steam or failing that you see the pop-up when you start the actual game it reads thusly:

"WARNING: This game is early access alpha. Please do not purchase it unless you want to actively support development of the game and are prepared to handle with serious issues and possible interruption of game functioning."

Expect bugs, in-game issues and random character wipes often.  That pretty much goes for any game in the Alpha stage.  If you read the link in my sig, my guide also addresses some of the other issues in-game right now.

If you don't know what "alpha" or "beta" means it's a term used in the game development world to describe testing phases.  There are many features in DayZ currently that don't function correctly or that aren't fully implemented so you'll have to be patient.

Rocket, (the developer) himself has stated many times that players should only buy the Alpha if they want to support the game during it's testing phase.  This is not a full game.

It's due to server hopping I think. If you only use previous servers it won't wipe your gear. 

It isn't.  It happens sometimes when you switch servers but it's random.  You could hop on 20, 30, hell 50 different servers and not get a wipe and then on the next server, it might wipe.

Same problem. Twice tonight after getting fully equipped spawned on beach empty handed after taking a break.

It doesn't seem like full character wipes like the one Rocket warned us about. It seems like random lost character files.

Edited by Schtick

It's a common issue apparently to do with a server's ability to remain connected to the hive. Also, some servers have not yet been "white-listed" and so they will not have permission to access the hive yet and will not store your progress (or be able to retrieve your data from the hive, so logging in to these servers will effectively "wipe" your character).

rocket discusses the issue here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/155698-serious-database-issue-bug/

Here's the tracker issue: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=78

You should go there, vote it up and add comments about your own experiences to increase visibility on this relatively critical issue.

In the meantime, I suggest you use the "Favorites" function to flag servers which reliably store your progress, then only play there.

• Like 1