.VincenT.

Sniper Rifles

A sniper is a person. A rifle is a firearm. A sniper rifle is when a rifle is in the hands of a sniper. I own a Remington 700 PS and that does not make it a sniper rifle lol.

How about this... If you need a 50c sniper, play another game. If you want to play DayZ, use the weapons the creators of the game wants you to have.

Or just make your own zombie survival game. The choise is yours.

I'm not defending the AS50 here or any .50cal rifle. But If one was added it should be extremely rare, that's all I will say for that. On another note. A everyday Joe can shoot a .50cal rifle  and not have his arm break, it may kick the the shit out of him/her if they did not hold it right, But they are not going to go breaking a arm. The kick to a .50cal is not really even all that bad, the weight of the gun helps with the recoil. Also If you was shot in the arm, your arm will not go flying off lol. I'm not going to go into ballistics here. But a lot of you watch to much TV and played to many games.

I think we should be able to add a long rang scope to the M4. Not just a Acog.

Edited by Commanderfluffy

so what, what makes you think that you couldnt find it in a military base, maybe youd have to replace your backpack for it or something to make it a pain in the ass to carry around, but just leaving it out? DayZ without AS50 is no real DayZ. The AS50 was always like the high end goal to archive, along with a car.

They're not leaving it out. It was never 'in'.

Just put the L96 in game and I'll be happy. .50cal's are for people with small wieners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w2JZgkLIzSg

Skip to 4 minutes

lol look how much it kicks... There is no way an average Joe would be able to fire this gun without hurting themselves.

It takes time to fire a second shot due to the kick even if you would fire a second shot it wouldn't be accurate. But in DayZ mod you can just spray with your AS50 or M107 for all you like. It's OP no thank you.

Edited by sukka

Why is it op, what's the difference to the mosin eight now exept the 100 percent chance off a kill?

Why is it op, what's the difference to the mosin eight now exept the 100 percent chance off a kill?

The 100% percent chance of a kill,extreme range,immersion breaking when implemented like in the mod.

Let me put it this way; Why do you need the AS50? It's not about why it isn't there, but why should it be there? 

It was removed from the mod, why in the name of god would they implement it to SA..

Edited by csharp
  • Like 1

Adding a scope to an enfield does not make it a sniper rifle. There is a difference between a military sniper and a hunting rifle.

Well buddy I'm sorry to say, but in World War II both the Lee Enfield and the Mosin where used as sniper rifles.

• Like 2

This discussion ended a few pages back but I'd just like to point out that with the fact that ammo in the standalone isn't infinite like it was in the mod even some absurdly powerful rifles won't be the same nuisance they were in the mod.

(Almost) Every single player in the mod used the 'put magazine in backpack, full magazine after restart' trick and that's why AS50s would get used so often, if players had to actually search for more ultra rare .50CAL nato rounds after running out of their stock they wouldn't have been so trigger happy with those things around new spawns.

That is not to weigh on the question of 'does it make sense for an AS50 to even be available in rural Chernarus or not' but rather only to the game balance aspects of those types of weapons.

If vehicles are in the game and we have the ability to armor them with metal plates the KSVK may have a place in the game,but with realistic drawbacks(being 50xtimes as rare as a m4 is now for example,not much ammo,good luck finding a matching magazine etc).It should be too rare and cumbersome to use against simple players.

Wow 15 pages of this shit? Grow the fuck up guys, Dean will add whatever the fuck he wants to add whether you like it or not. Whenever I watch a DayZ mod video, all I see is players equipped with the AS-50. Until they can find a way to nullify server-hopping, everyone will have this "one shotter" if it is added. Other sniper rifles can be just as accurate but not as damaging, which leaves it to the user to be SKILLFUL.

For the love of god, let this thread die.

Edited by Vanrick

God some people are so retarded, saying your arms would fly off etc. trying to fire an as50 without training. Let me tell you something, having fired a Barret .50 cal. It has less recoil than my 7mm mag hunting rifle. Mabey your just a bunch of Europeans who have never seen a gun, mabey your just stupid Americans who want to pretend yo know it all. This is a zombie survival in Russia with military bases around, if anything does not fit its the m4. There would be an Ak in every corner and svd's and rpg's would be common on bases, all of these weapons DO fit the scenario.

God some people are so retarded, saying your arms would fly off etc. trying to fire an as50 without training. Let me tell you something, having fired a Barret .50 cal. It has less recoil than my 7mm mag hunting rifle. Mabey your just a bunch of Europeans who have never seen a gun, mabey your just stupid Americans who want to pretend yo know it all. This is a zombie survival in Russia with military bases around, if anything does not fit its the m4. There would be an Ak in every corner and svd's and rpg's would be common on bases, all of these weapons DO fit the scenario.

Ignorance. That's all I see here. I can honestly tell you that the M107 was probably locked into place with a mount for less kick and controllable sway. I have shot a 7mm mag many times before considering my dad and I both hunt with one and I can tell you, a .50 is like a mule taking steroids kicking your arm.

• Like 1

...There would be an Ak in every corner...

Well, this is chernarus, imaginary part of czech republic.

It being former eastblock country, or even if it really was russia, doesn´t automaticly mean every citizen is a gun smuggling, freedom hating bond villain.

Believe it or not, they have gun control laws much like any western country, do not wear all red, don´t carry Aks when visiting friends or strolling in a park and do not smuggle Rpgs to middle east on their free time.

• Like 1

I hope .50 cal snipers never find their way into this game, all other military snipers they add should be extremely rare

I dont even want a TWS, I just dont see why a normal AS50 wont be added.

in civilian russia, in a post apocalytic world how likely are you, a civilian likely to find an AS50 maybe there is 1 per server reboot but its just not gonna happen, i really think snipers are unlikely, maybe you can find hunting rifles or competition shooting rifles but as for AS50 and all the other military rifles... no

On the actual intelligent side of things, the AS50 is a gas powered rifle and is made by the British. Why would I want to have to rely on gas that would run out because more gas is not coming into chernarus anymore. If it was Russian then I could see that happening but why would a British rfle exist in some part of Russia no one cares about?

OK, this is the best post in this thread so far. You should have clicked the links in the Wikipedia article that is obviously your only source of knowledge about weapons: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_operated

Gas operated means that the gas from the exploding propellant is used to reload the weapon, making it semi-automatic. Not that it's "gas powered" :). 

Just a reminder. It's a game, not real life. People pick too much on the "realism" part.

I don't want any M107 or AS50's in the game, simply because they kinda ruin the idea of surviving. If i'd use one of those, it would start feeling more like a war simulator rather than survival.

And no, i don't care if those weapons would blow your dick off or something. Just don't add them. Please.

Edited by Konna

I left the mod when they removed the AS50.
Even if it did 1 damage per 10 bullets i would still use it.

The 5k hours i spent in the mod was mainly due to the as50 guns, i started out early in the mod when the thermal was still arround. When i think back about it that was the prime-time of dayz mod. 

So much fun and great battles. The gun itself wasent the OP part becuse most ppl couldnt aim for shit. The OP part was the thermal. I hope we will see thermal scopes returning in SA if as50 dosent.

I play alone for most of my time and i play very serious. The joy for me is the 500meter move that takes over 2 hours, where you scout everywhere - once in location u spend another 5 hours just looking at a specific location to get that 1 shoot off and then pull back. I love to have these riffles reutnring in SA.

well, to be honest, i will not enjoy SA at all if there is no highpowerd sniperriffles. IF there will be highpower sniperriffles i will crank over 15 hours a day just lurking in the woods. Settings up locations, scouting the range to each and every tree. This is what the game is about for me. 

Edited by hitem

VSS - Quick firing as50 with less range.

This...is just...no.  You obviously know absolutely 0 about any kind of weaponry whatsoever.  A quick google search would give you even a minimal amount of information.  Remember, stay in school...the more you know...

I left the mod when they removed the AS50.

Even if it did 1 damage per 10 bullets i would still use it.

The 5k hours i spent in the mod was mainly due to the as50 guns, i started out early in the mod when the thermal was still arround. When i think back about it that was the prime-time of dayz mod. 

So much fun and great battles. The gun itself wasent the OP part becuse most ppl couldnt aim for shit. The OP part was the thermal. I hope we will see thermal scopes returning in SA if as50 dosent.

I play alone for most of my time and i play very serious. The joy for me is the 500meter move that takes over 2 hours, where you scout everywhere. I love to have these riffles reutnring in SA.

well, to be honest, i will not enjoy SA at all if there is no highpowerd sniperriffles. IF there will be highpower sniperriffles i will crank over 15 hours a day just lurking in the woods. Settings up locations, scouting the range to each and every tree. This is what the game is about for me.  At one point in a apocalypse you get past the initial chock of zombies and then focus on the real problem at hand, other players. So if there was an apocalypse IRL, i Gladly carry arround my 50kg weaponsystem before ANY kind of water. The sound/looks is to good to resist.

Sorry but there is so much wrongness in one post, that it makes my head hurt.

If you can't play DayZ without .50 cals, why the hell aren't you playing Arma 3 (yes,there are .50 cals!!) or even Battlefield 4?

Have you even read anything that Rocket/Devs have written about DayZ? They want to have more of a survival oriented free for all game rather then stupid death match with .50 cal snipers & thermal optics.

And yes, .50 cal sniper were OP as hell, since hit anywhere resulted in death, plus that stupid Thermal version was complete joke, probably ment for mentally or physically chalenged players as a crutch of sorts.

If DayZ SA ever went the way you want it, it would be the end of it. I hope that will never come to pass.

EDIT: If you are just trolling then good job Sir !

Edited by Hombre

Well buddy I'm sorry to say, but in World War II both the Lee Enfield and the Mosin where used as sniper rifles.

yes thats 200 to 500 meters tops. .50cals go up to 1000m. in ARMA you can go up to 1800m.

I think there should be some DMR in the game. 7.62x51mm NATO or similar. MK12, MK14, SR-25, HK417, SVD.

However they should be simulated more realisticly.

Edited by dasinfi