.VincenT.

Sniper Rifles

I doubt that.  Expensive!  And the rifle is even more expensive.

Still, they do exist here in good ol' 'Murica.

But there is more than one way to skin a cat....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo4kFzECXGs

You know, if you have experience in gunsmithing, all it takes is one small metal piece to drop in the receiver to make it automatic. I'm not saying he really does have a full-auto AR-15, just saying its VERY possible.

Can some long-time ARMA player tell me and the others what the M107,KSVK and the AS50 are being used for for in ARMA?

Not much at all unless its a specialized mission, and you try to take out an engine of a truck caring a PKM or DShK.

OP is troll. 

anyone with any knowledge about the SA would know that .50 cal sniper rifles aren't getting added. not only that, the mosin with a scope was "the" russian sniper rifle during ww2, (although the svt-40 was also nice), and it works fine with lrs over 800 meters, usually a 1 hit ko, although a bit inaccurate at this early gamestate. 

it works fine, it gets the job done, what's wrong with it? Why is a .50 cal or military sniper going to make any difference? 

we should have more possible sniper rifles for sure, but i don't think that for the games purposes an extremely expensive and rare anti-material rifle is necessary at all. Someone mentioned, modern russian sniper rifles - fair enough, a reasonable request and probably stuff like that is in the queue 

threads been derailed to another KoS argument, which is dumb, because bad or not, sniping and KoS are here to stay. 

i would like to see a sniper rifle thats not build with wood 

you'd rather see one with a plastic stock? or metal? what difference does it make? go play an fast paced shooter set in the modern era then, i can guarantee you that you'll find plenty in one of the many generic shooters that so many people seem so keen to turn Dayz into. grow the fuck up. 

tl;dr - OP is asking dumb things because he wants answers that aren't forthcoming. 
Edited by Capo
  • Like 1

Well, this is chernarus, imaginary part of czech republic.

It being former eastblock country, or even if it really was russia, doesn´t automaticly mean every citizen is a gun smuggling, freedom hating bond villain.

Believe it or not, they have gun control laws much like any western country, do not wear all red, don´t carry Aks when visiting friends or strolling in a park and do not smuggle Rpgs to middle east on their free time.

Actually Chernarus is an independent Republic, geographically based off Chernarus in Czech Republic

People seem really pre-occupied with Chernarus and whatever weapons would should supposedly exist in Chernarus when Rocket has spoken already about adding more maps in the future. Just an interesting thought.

The less consideration given to sNyPyRz the better. 

How about finding money or gold around the game or off dead players and having a retail shop to buy items :) a guy in a guarded building like a base that sales you items. anyway, The Mosin is a damn sniper rifle and to the guy that said it's just bolt action, every sniper system that you want to be accurate is bolt action, we use the M14 EBR and it is simi with a 20 round mag but it is nothing compared to our XM2010 sniper system. Simi sniper systems have too many moving parts, you want the bolt action.

The less consideration given to sNyPyRz the better. 

Problem is not adding more sniper rifles.

problem is how inherently noobish it is to "snipe" people in regular arma and vanilla dayz.

That is badly badly needed.

I agree completely. 

Not only should all adjustments be required to be made in quarter MOA, but optics should be required to be zeroed to the gun they're mounted on before they have a proper zero to begin with. 

Maybe there where super zombies like the tanks from L4D and .50 cal's where the best to get them, its dayz - everybody makes his own story.

Oh yeah? Plenty of those .50 cals just floating around from fighting imaginary super zombies but after all, everyone makes their own story.

Here's mine:

The infection started on Alderaan.

qjfu.jpg

Edited by Knightmare

So you think people give a fuck about money when the world is about to fuck up?

his point being, a simple militia or police force would not have the funds to spend on such an extravagant weapon.  Thus, they would not exist there.  Please.  Just stop.  If 600m-1000m isn't enough for you to snipe people, go and play something else. 

The first sniper rifles were just your basic grunts rifle with a telescopic sight on it.

The first US "Sniper Rifle" was the 1903 Springfield with a scope on it.  Which was the main rifle issued to the US Army during WW1

his point being, a simple militia or police force would not have the funds to spend on such an extravagant weapon.  Thus, they would not exist there.  Please.  Just stop.  If 600m-1000m isn't enough for you to snipe people, go and play something else. 

The problem isnt the range either.

If dayz had ACE's sniping method you could if good push the mosin and the .308 weapons out to 1300m. It will require alot of skill and a tiny bit of luck.

There are also other hunting weapons that have longer range and fit in the environment.

One such weapon would be something like a remington 700 Sendero in 300 win mag.

photo-10.jpg

sendero-file.jpeg

photo-11.jpg

Beautiful hunting rifle that is cheap, robust, accurate and cant easily hit things out at around 1500-1700m if the shooter is good.

Edited by gibonez

I also think m24 and SVD should be the upper limit sniper rifle wise

I am hoping they don't include the m24 in the game.

Hoping instead they have remington 700 in 300 win mag.

Its the most modular and most popular bolt action hunting/tactical/ target rifle.

It is insanely cheap is insanely versatile and is super accurate out of the box.

Remington 700 is what the m24 is built on.

Also since when can an average joe load, fire and handle an m4a1 or add attachments to it? Cmon just please be quiet.

anyone with weapon experience would be able to operate an M4. anyone without specialized training would most likely break their arm trying to fire a 50.

do you know how much power you're dealing with here?

anyone with weapon experience would be able to operate an M4. anyone without specialized training would most likely break their arm trying to fire a 50.

do you know how much power you're dealing with here?

Bigger question would be what type of idiot would actually lug around a 25 pound + weapon in a survival situation.

It would be a disgrace to pander to the tedious, boring SnYpErZ by putting "fittycals" in the game. 

Edited by HCHellCaptain

I dont want to talk bs now since i never fired a .50cal , but I could imagine once your on your target and you fire, the bullet will hit the target no matter how high your gun goes after firing.

most recoil goes back into your shoulder. which means that more recoil does not magic your gun upward, it punches back into your shoulder with equal force as that of the bullet.

since 50. is supposed to be able to pierce armour, said force is quite significant.

I personally would like to see the M24, remington 700, SVD, and the likes. However I would like them to be RARE, and of course spawn without scopes, etc, like the Mosin.

...But 50.cals? Fuck off.

Bigger question would be what type of idiot would actually lug around a 25 pound + weapon in a survival situation.

good point, but since op's reply is along the lines of "why not?" i did not even bother saying it.

edit: oops, op actually admitted it was a terrible idea. sorry vincent

Edited by radivmoe

This is silly. What kind of military uses AS50s to fight unarmed, unarmoured, brain dead zombies?

Its like using an RPG to breach a door.

while that may be true, i think that dayz was set in the "armaverse", where there was the chernarus civil war. i think that was rocket's excuse for nato weaponry. but again, even if that is the case, as50s do not really fit either way. who uses 50. snipers against insurgents with little to no armour?